where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Yosi Bar-Cohen
R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL), USA, Joined Nov 1998, 26

Yosi Bar-Cohen

R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL),
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
08:02 Jan-19-1999
Ice Sensors

Dear Colleague,

I am looking for an ice sensor and I am wondering if you are aware of either a commercially available or under development.

Yosi

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 604

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:37 Jan-20-1999
Re: Ice Sensors

Gerard Fleury
Gerard Fleury
01:14 Jan-20-1999

Yosi Bar-Cohen
R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL), USA, Joined Nov 1998, 26

Yosi Bar-Cohen

R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL),
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
02:19 Jan-20-1999
Francois,

I am resending this message because I noticed that the end of the line was cutoff. The full message is:
Could you please send me more information about the principle of operation of the sensor. Also, it will be useful if you have detailed information
about the capability including: Limitations, size of the sensor, power requirements, how heavy are the sensor/electronics, length of wire constraints,
can it handle temperatures in the range of -70from a front surface, what are the minimum and maximum detectable thickness, how well it distinguishes between ice and water, what happens when you
have a water/ice mixture?

Yosi

: : Dear Colleague,

: : I am looking for an ice sensor and I am wondering if you are aware of either a commercially available or under development.

: : Yosi
: ------------
: Yosi,

:
: I inform you that INTERTECHNIQUE has developped an Ice Sensor with our collaboration. This sensor is presently under evaluation.

:
: I suggest you to get in touch with:

:
: Francois Larue
: email: francoislarue@compuserve.com
: INTERTECHNIQUE
: 61 rue Pierre Curie
: 78370 PLAISIR
: FRANCE
: Tel + 33(0)130548216
: fax + 33(0)130548301

:
: Best regards

:
: Gerard Fleury

Edouard G. Nesvijski
Edouard G. Nesvijski
01:30 Jan-27-1999
ending on the task all technical and design parameters can be modified.
If you are interested I can send you some experimental data of my tests (short report) and photos of sensors for ice testing.

Sincerely,
Edouard

Sten Löfving
Sten Löfving
00:29 Mar-21-2000
: : Dear Colleague,

: : I am looking for an ice sensor and I am wondering if you are aware of either a commercially available or under development.

: : Yosi
: -----------

: Yosi,

Take a look at www.reab.se/lofving/ongoing if you are interested in a
laser sensor for ice.

Sten

Product Spotlight

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window