where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Ice Sensors
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:02 Jan-19-1999

Yosi Bar-Cohen

R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL),
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Ice Sensors

Dear Colleague,

I am looking for an ice sensor and I am wondering if you are aware of either a commercially available or under development.

Yosi

08:37 Jan-20-1999

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Ice Sensors

01:14 Jan-20-1999
Gerard Fleury
Re: Ice Sensors

02:19 Jan-20-1999

Yosi Bar-Cohen

R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL),
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Ice Sensors Francois,

I am resending this message because I noticed that the end of the line was cutoff. The full message is:
Could you please send me more information about the principle of operation of the sensor. Also, it will be useful if you have detailed information
about the capability including: Limitations, size of the sensor, power requirements, how heavy are the sensor/electronics, length of wire constraints,
can it handle temperatures in the range of -70from a front surface, what are the minimum and maximum detectable thickness, how well it distinguishes between ice and water, what happens when you
have a water/ice mixture?

Yosi

: : Dear Colleague,

: : I am looking for an ice sensor and I am wondering if you are aware of either a commercially available or under development.

: : Yosi
: ------------
: Yosi,

:
: I inform you that INTERTECHNIQUE has developped an Ice Sensor with our collaboration. This sensor is presently under evaluation.

:
: I suggest you to get in touch with:

:
: Francois Larue
: email: francoislarue@compuserve.com
: INTERTECHNIQUE
: 61 rue Pierre Curie
: 78370 PLAISIR
: FRANCE
: Tel + 33(0)130548216
: fax + 33(0)130548301

:
: Best regards

:
: Gerard Fleury

01:30 Jan-27-1999
Edouard G. Nesvijski
Re: Ice Sensors ending on the task all technical and design parameters can be modified.
If you are interested I can send you some experimental data of my tests (short report) and photos of sensors for ice testing.

Sincerely,
Edouard

00:29 Mar-21-2000
Sten Löfving
Re: Ice Sensors : : Dear Colleague,

: : I am looking for an ice sensor and I am wondering if you are aware of either a commercially available or under development.

: : Yosi
: -----------

: Yosi,

Take a look at www.reab.se/lofving/ongoing if you are interested in a
laser sensor for ice.

Sten

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|