where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EKOSCAN
EKOSCAN is a French manufacturer specialized in equipment for ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing: Probes,UT boards & Scanners tailored for your needs
Technical Discussions
Heather Willkinson
Heather Willkinson
03:37 Jun-10-2003
Using angle beam transducer and deicphering signals on digital oscilloscope

Hi Friends;
I am using ultrasonic angle transducer for detection of cracks. Me Exciter pulser is in pulse echo mode. I want to know at what pace should I move me transducer so that I get good results. Further more, how one can determine the exact location of cracks by looking at the digital signals in the oscilloscope. How to develop the skill of precision in deciphering signals for cracks.
Cheers
Heather

Mike
Mike
01:49 Jun-10-2003
Re: Using angle beam transducer and deicphering signals on digital oscilloscope
: Hi Friends;
: I am using ultrasonic angle transducer for detection of cracks. Me Exciter pulser is in pulse echo mode. I want to know at what pace should I move me transducer so that I get good results. Further more, how one can determine the exact location of cracks by looking at the digital signals in the oscilloscope. How to develop the skill of precision in deciphering signals for cracks.
: Cheers
: Heather

Heather, you just have to be kidding, right?

*Maximum* scanning speed is usually given in specs as 150mm/sec. Mostly you have to be going much slower than this.
Exact location is calculated using simple trigonometry.
I sincerely hope you're only scanning test pieces as practice for the training course you're going on!

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window