where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Heather Willkinson
Heather Willkinson
03:37 Jun-10-2003
Using angle beam transducer and deicphering signals on digital oscilloscope

Hi Friends;
I am using ultrasonic angle transducer for detection of cracks. Me Exciter pulser is in pulse echo mode. I want to know at what pace should I move me transducer so that I get good results. Further more, how one can determine the exact location of cracks by looking at the digital signals in the oscilloscope. How to develop the skill of precision in deciphering signals for cracks.
Cheers
Heather

Mike
Mike
01:49 Jun-10-2003
Re: Using angle beam transducer and deicphering signals on digital oscilloscope
: Hi Friends;
: I am using ultrasonic angle transducer for detection of cracks. Me Exciter pulser is in pulse echo mode. I want to know at what pace should I move me transducer so that I get good results. Further more, how one can determine the exact location of cracks by looking at the digital signals in the oscilloscope. How to develop the skill of precision in deciphering signals for cracks.
: Cheers
: Heather

Heather, you just have to be kidding, right?

*Maximum* scanning speed is usually given in specs as 150mm/sec. Mostly you have to be going much slower than this.
Exact location is calculated using simple trigonometry.
I sincerely hope you're only scanning test pieces as practice for the training course you're going on!

Product Spotlight

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window