where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Using angle beam transducer and deicphering signals on digital oscilloscope
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

ACS-Solutions GmbH
develop and manufacture hi-tech devices for Ultrasonic Testing

03:37 Jun-10-2003
Heather Willkinson
Using angle beam transducer and deicphering signals on digital oscilloscope

Hi Friends;
I am using ultrasonic angle transducer for detection of cracks. Me Exciter pulser is in pulse echo mode. I want to know at what pace should I move me transducer so that I get good results. Further more, how one can determine the exact location of cracks by looking at the digital signals in the oscilloscope. How to develop the skill of precision in deciphering signals for cracks.
Cheers
Heather

01:49 Jun-10-2003
Mike
Re: Using angle beam transducer and deicphering signals on digital oscilloscope : Hi Friends;
: I am using ultrasonic angle transducer for detection of cracks. Me Exciter pulser is in pulse echo mode. I want to know at what pace should I move me transducer so that I get good results. Further more, how one can determine the exact location of cracks by looking at the digital signals in the oscilloscope. How to develop the skill of precision in deciphering signals for cracks.
: Cheers
: Heather

Heather, you just have to be kidding, right?

*Maximum* scanning speed is usually given in specs as 150mm/sec. Mostly you have to be going much slower than this.
Exact location is calculated using simple trigonometry.
I sincerely hope you're only scanning test pieces as practice for the training course you're going on!

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|