where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Rastislav Milan
NDT Inspector
U.S.Steel Kosice s.r.o, Slovak Republic, Joined Aug 2002, 4

Rastislav Milan

NDT Inspector
U.S.Steel Kosice s.r.o,
Slovak Republic,
Joined Aug 2002
04:29 Jun-12-2003
measure of thickness Ni

Hello everybody.
I have some problem.
On Cu board(thickness50mm)is Ni layer (1-3mm). Ni layer is applying on Cu board by electrochemical technology.
What I need is measure thickness of Ni layer.
I have USN 50 and some probes(MSEB4,MB2S,MB4S, and one 10MHZ probe). With this probe I dont have some reflection from the line between Cu and Ni materials.
Please for some advice.
Rastislav Milan
Sorry for my english

Niklas
Niklas
03:04 Jun-12-2003
Re: measure of thickness Ni
Hello Rastislav, I don´t know any tested method that you use. But maybe I can give you some useful advice that you can try out.

I suggest you use a focussed SE probe with a high frequency. If you do the testing from the Ni material, check that the boundary of the two materials not are in the dead zone of the probe. When you do the testing you is likely that you only can see the boundary very close to the average noise level. Therefore you must have a very high dB when you do the testing, I should guess at least 80-100 dB on the USN equipment.

If you still don´t can see the boundary, is it possible that the grains in the boundary zone is too simular to the grains in the base materials. With other words, you can not apply UT for the testing.

Best regards
Niklas

: Hello everybody.
: I have some problem.
: On Cu board(thickness50mm)is Ni layer (1-3mm). Ni layer is applying on Cu board by electrochemical technology.
: What I need is measure thickness of Ni layer.
: I have USN 50 andsome probes(MSEB4,MB2S,MB4S, and one 10MHZ probe). With this probe I dont have some reflection from the line between Cu and Ni materials.
: Please for some advice.
: Rastislav Milan
: Sorry for my english

Product Spotlight

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window