where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
David Harvey
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
00:38 Jun-24-2003
Tuning networks

I am having some problems with near-surface resolution when using a digital instrument. Transducers that work very well with an analog instrument (USIP12), do not work at all for nsr with my digital system. The digital instrument has only a few limited settings for damping and pulse amplitude. Does anyone manufacture a tuning network to help me overcome this damping/matching problem, so I can test my metal?

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
08:37 Jun-24-2003
Re: Tuning networks
The USIP-12, though old, is an extremely high performance instrument. Few other sets are comparable. I suspect your problems will be more fundamental than just adding a tuning network! Generally these are only useful on instruments (such as thickness gauges) where there are minimal adjustments.

Joe

: I am having some problems with near-surface resolution when using a digital instrument. Transducers that work very well with an analog instrument (USIP12), do not work at all for nsr with my digital system. The digital instrument has only a few limited settings for damping and pulse amplitude. Does anyone manufacture a tuning network to help me overcome this damping/matching problem, so I can test my metal?

N. Azarov
Engineering
GosNIIGA, Russia, Joined Jan 2000, 12

N. Azarov

Engineering
GosNIIGA,
Russia,
Joined Jan 2000
01:11 Jun-25-2003
Re: Tuning networks
: I am having some problems with near-surface resolution when using a digital instrument. Transducers that work very well with an analog instrument (USIP12), do not work at all for nsr with my digital system. The digital instrument has only a few limited settings for damping and pulse amplitude. Does anyone manufacture a tuning network to help me overcome this damping/matching problem, so I can test my metal?

Ultrasonic flaw detection USIP-12 is by the device high ray discrimination, which is realized only at performance of three conditions:
1. short 10-20nc a pulse of generator;
2. broadband amplifier 1 - 20MHz;
3. broadband ultrasonic transducer.
It is obvious, that in your digital device the conditions 1 or (and) 2 are not executed.
N. Azarov

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window