where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
David Harvey
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
00:38 Jun-24-2003
Tuning networks

I am having some problems with near-surface resolution when using a digital instrument. Transducers that work very well with an analog instrument (USIP12), do not work at all for nsr with my digital system. The digital instrument has only a few limited settings for damping and pulse amplitude. Does anyone manufacture a tuning network to help me overcome this damping/matching problem, so I can test my metal?

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 521

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
08:37 Jun-24-2003
Re: Tuning networks
The USIP-12, though old, is an extremely high performance instrument. Few other sets are comparable. I suspect your problems will be more fundamental than just adding a tuning network! Generally these are only useful on instruments (such as thickness gauges) where there are minimal adjustments.

Joe

: I am having some problems with near-surface resolution when using a digital instrument. Transducers that work very well with an analog instrument (USIP12), do not work at all for nsr with my digital system. The digital instrument has only a few limited settings for damping and pulse amplitude. Does anyone manufacture a tuning network to help me overcome this damping/matching problem, so I can test my metal?

N. Azarov
Engineering
GosNIIGA, Russia, Joined Jan 2000, 12

N. Azarov

Engineering
GosNIIGA,
Russia,
Joined Jan 2000
01:11 Jun-25-2003
Re: Tuning networks
: I am having some problems with near-surface resolution when using a digital instrument. Transducers that work very well with an analog instrument (USIP12), do not work at all for nsr with my digital system. The digital instrument has only a few limited settings for damping and pulse amplitude. Does anyone manufacture a tuning network to help me overcome this damping/matching problem, so I can test my metal?

Ultrasonic flaw detection USIP-12 is by the device high ray discrimination, which is realized only at performance of three conditions:
1. short 10-20nc a pulse of generator;
2. broadband amplifier 1 - 20MHz;
3. broadband ultrasonic transducer.
It is obvious, that in your digital device the conditions 1 or (and) 2 are not executed.
N. Azarov

Product Spotlight

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window