where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
cracks
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
We are searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques - in creation of new products

05:58 Jul-04-2003

Josef PLASEK

NDT Inspector
VUJE Trnava a.s.,
Slovak Republic,
Joined Oct 2000
cracks

Could you advise me a procurer (in Europe) able to produce real crack in small test-samples (plates).
The plates are made of stainless steel (austenitic) and feritic steel with austenitic cladding. The plates could be prepared accordance with producer requirements.
Our limitations: minimal dimensions of the test-sampel: thickness 10 mm, length 100 mm, width 80 mm
Depth of the cracks: 0,5 , 1, 2, 3, 5 mm
Length of the cracks: 10, 20 mm
We are interested in budget.

06:06 Jul-04-2003

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: cracks : Could you advise me a procurer (in Europe) able to produce real crack in small test-samples (plates).
: The plates are made of stainless steel (austenitic) and feritic steel with austenitic cladding. The plates could be prepared accordance with producer requirements.
: Our limitations: minimal dimensions of the test-sampel: thickness 10 mm, length 100 mm, width 80 mm
: Depth of the cracks: 0,5 , 1, 2, 3, 5 mm
: Length of the cracks: 10, 20 mm
: We are interested in budget.
Can I suggest that you contact Sonaspection in the United Kingdom. They produce calibration defects.
Their phone number is +44 1524 34991, and the contact is Martin Peacock.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands

06:07 Jul-04-2003

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: cracks Try Sonaspection

www.sonapection.co.uk

: Could you advise me a procurer (in Europe) able to produce real crack in small test-samples (plates).
: The plates are made of stainless steel (austenitic) and feritic steel with austenitic cladding. The plates could be prepared accordance with producer requirements.
: Our limitations: minimal dimensions of the test-sampel: thickness 10 mm, length 100 mm, width 80 mm

08:01 Jul-07-2003
Kari Lahdenperä
Re: cracks Ask "Mika.Kemppainen@trueflaw.com"
Mika Kemppainen/Trueflaw is fabricating real cracks (in Europe).

Best Regards Kari Lahdenperä

: Could you advise me a procurer (in Europe) able to produce real crack in small test-samples (plates).

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|