where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Topographic laser mapping for OD Pipe corrosion
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:23 Jan-23-1999

David Hermanutz

Consultant,
Hbndt.com,
China,
Joined Jul 2012
Topographic laser mapping for OD Pipe corrosion

I'm looking for information on a system that provides an x y manipulator that has a laser
attached for topographic mapping. This system will be utilized on 24" to
42" pipe that is under severe SCC attack and will be used in remote
areas in a temperature range of -40 C to +20 C. Minimum umbilical
length would be around 25".

00:37 Jan-24-1999

Richard D. Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Topographic laser mapping for OD Pipe corrosion Mr. Hermanutz,

QUEST Integrated, Inc. in Kent, Washington, USA builds several types of laser based NDT equipment. Two models (400N & 200K) of the Laser-Optic Tube Inspection System (LOTIS) apply Laser Profilometry to map the interior surface of tubes covering ID ranges between 0.50" to 5.5". When the LOTIS is finished mapping the tubes interior surface the software allows the inspection technician to view the data in several high resolution views, such as Plan View, 3D Isometric, Axial & Circumferential Cross Sectional.

At one time QUEST considered building a external pipe laser mapping system for Alyeska Pipeline to use on the Alaskan Transatlantic pipeline but that never materialized.

If you want additional information with regards to QUEST’s various laser mapping equipment you can visit http://www.qi2.com or call (253) 872-1275.

Rich Roberts
QUEST Integrated, Inc.

05:21 Jan-25-2000
James Doyle
Re: Topographic laser mapping for OD Pipe corrosion :
: I'm looking for information on a system that provides an x y manipulator that has a laser
: attached for topographic mapping. This system will be utilized on 24" to
: 42" pipe that is under severe SCC attack and will be used in remote
: areas in a temperature range of -40 C to +20 C. Minimum umbilical
: length would be around 25".

Dear Mr. Hermanutz,
I'm involved in the design and development of laser-based NDT systems. I would ask the following question: Are you trying to obtain a 3-D profile? Or are you trying to locate the surface-breaking cracks? We have developed a laser-scanning method (patent pending) that might solve your problem. Please check our web site at nwra.com or contact me directly at doyle@nwra.com

I look forward to discussing your application and perhaps assisting you in a solution.

Best regards,

James Doyle
Manager, NDT Systems

07:41 Apr-12-2000
samarth
Re: Topographic laser mapping for OD Pipe corrosion : :
: : I'm looking for information on a system that provides an x y manipulator that has a laser
: : attached for topographic mapping. This system will be utilized on 24" to
: : 42" pipe that is under severe SCC attack and will be used in remote
: : areas in a temperature range of -40 C to +20 C. Minimum umbilical
: : length would be around 25".

: Dear Mr. Hermanutz,
: I'm involved in the design and development of laser-based NDT systems. I would ask the following question: Are you trying to obtain a 3-D profile? Or are you trying to locate the surface-breaking cracks? We have developed a laser-scanning method (patent pending) that might solve your problem. Please check our web site at nwra.com or contact me directly at doyle@nwra.com

: I look forward to discussing your application and perhaps assisting you in a solution.

: Best regards,

: James Doyle
: Manager, NDT Systems

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|