where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonotron NDT
Original developer and manufacturer of advanced ultrasonic instruments

Technical Discussions
David Hermanutz
Consultant,
Hbndt.com, China, Joined Jul 2012, 85

David Hermanutz

Consultant,
Hbndt.com,
China,
Joined Jul 2012
08:23 Jan-23-1999
Topographic laser mapping for OD Pipe corrosion

I'm looking for information on a system that provides an x y manipulator that has a laser
attached for topographic mapping. This system will be utilized on 24" to
42" pipe that is under severe SCC attack and will be used in remote
areas in a temperature range of -40 C to +20 C. Minimum umbilical
length would be around 25".

Richard D. Roberts
Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 78

Richard D. Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
00:37 Jan-24-1999
Re: Topographic laser mapping for OD Pipe corrosion
Mr. Hermanutz,

QUEST Integrated, Inc. in Kent, Washington, USA builds several types of laser based NDT equipment. Two models (400N & 200K) of the Laser-Optic Tube Inspection System (LOTIS) apply Laser Profilometry to map the interior surface of tubes covering ID ranges between 0.50" to 5.5". When the LOTIS is finished mapping the tubes interior surface the software allows the inspection technician to view the data in several high resolution views, such as Plan View, 3D Isometric, Axial & Circumferential Cross Sectional.

At one time QUEST considered building a external pipe laser mapping system for Alyeska Pipeline to use on the Alaskan Transatlantic pipeline but that never materialized.

If you want additional information with regards to QUEST’s various laser mapping equipment you can visit http://www.qi2.com or call (253) 872-1275.

Rich Roberts
QUEST Integrated, Inc.

James Doyle
James Doyle
05:21 Jan-25-2000
:
: I'm looking for information on a system that provides an x y manipulator that has a laser
: attached for topographic mapping. This system will be utilized on 24" to
: 42" pipe that is under severe SCC attack and will be used in remote
: areas in a temperature range of -40 C to +20 C. Minimum umbilical
: length would be around 25".

Dear Mr. Hermanutz,
I'm involved in the design and development of laser-based NDT systems. I would ask the following question: Are you trying to obtain a 3-D profile? Or are you trying to locate the surface-breaking cracks? We have developed a laser-scanning method (patent pending) that might solve your problem. Please check our web site at nwra.com or contact me directly at doyle@nwra.com

I look forward to discussing your application and perhaps assisting you in a solution.

Best regards,

James Doyle
Manager, NDT Systems

samarth
samarth
07:41 Apr-12-2000
: :
: : I'm looking for information on a system that provides an x y manipulator that has a laser
: : attached for topographic mapping. This system will be utilized on 24" to
: : 42" pipe that is under severe SCC attack and will be used in remote
: : areas in a temperature range of -40 C to +20 C. Minimum umbilical
: : length would be around 25".

: Dear Mr. Hermanutz,
: I'm involved in the design and development of laser-based NDT systems. I would ask the following question: Are you trying to obtain a 3-D profile? Or are you trying to locate the surface-breaking cracks? We have developed a laser-scanning method (patent pending) that might solve your problem. Please check our web site at nwra.com or contact me directly at doyle@nwra.com

: I look forward to discussing your application and perhaps assisting you in a solution.

: Best regards,

: James Doyle
: Manager, NDT Systems

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window