where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
search an ultrasonic simulation software for NDE
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.

07:08 Jul-14-2003
HADDAK chams-eddine
search an ultrasonic simulation software for NDE

Hello,
i am a french future engineer working for the Snecma Moteurs in France.
We are looking for a software that could be able to simulate an ultrasonic non destructive evaluation,for pieces in immersion.

This software should be able to:

simulate an inspection path and give the virtual feedback (A-scans..., intensity distribution in observation plane...) as using a computerized UT equipment
model any defect
read CAD files
allow comparisons with flat bottom holes...
show the theoretical volume guarantee by the simulated inspection
treat 3D pieces, with complex geometry and several sound speed, attenuation, back echos, shadowed areas...
Do you have such a software, or contacts to give me in that field?

Please not reply to this mail automatically ans send me informations (documentation, price, possibility of on site testing...) at the following adress:

HADDAK Chams-Eddine
7 allée des anémones
95 460 Ezanville, FRANCE

chams-eddine.haddak@snecma.fr
haddakce@ensma.fr

+33(0) 6 89 78 10 70.
+33(0) 1 47 60 37 89

Thanks a lot,
Regards.

01:58 Jul-14-2003

Uli Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: search an ultrasonic simulation software for NDE : We are looking for a software that could be able to simulate an ultrasonic non destructive evaluation,for pieces in immersion.

Try to find a contact to NEA (Nuclear Energy Agency of France) at Saclay (South of Paris). Contact Person: Philippe Benoist.
They have good simulation software, which should match your requirements.

But I don't know the conditions of availability (for non nuclear resp. non governmental use).

Regards
Uli Mletzko
NDT Group, MPA, University of Stuttgart (Germany)

09:26 Jul-15-2003
colin rawlinson
Re: search an ultrasonic simulation software for NDE True to life ultrasonic simulations are the business of www.auto-ut.co.uk.

Auto-ut offer ultrasonic simulations which incorporate virtual machines and virtual welds.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|