where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Bijay Muduli
Bijay Muduli
05:43 Jul-21-2003
Lining Thickness measurement

Dear Experts

Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?

What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??

Thank you

Sasaki
Sasaki
08:28 Jul-22-2003
Re: Lining Thickness measurement
RT can be applicable to measure the thickness and the thickness uniformity of ganite lining of pipe inside.

Bijay Muduli
Engineering
IOCL, India, Joined Jul 2003, 4

Bijay Muduli

Engineering
IOCL,
India,
Joined Jul 2003
03:20 Aug-25-2003
I am inviting more opinions / (methods) on this subject.

Thanks & regards

B K Muduli

Dear Experts
: Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: Thank you

David Castle
David Castle
05:12 Apr-02-2005
: Dear Experts
: Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: Thank you

The thickness of cement lined pipe should be able to be measured using an eddy current device that is designed for the range of thicknesses that you are wanting to measure. I have used the Dinsearch DS500 for measuring Inconel cladding thickness in the range of 0 to 10 mm thickness with very good success. The company can be reached at:

Dinsley Devices Limited,
Ivy House, Streatlam Park,
County Durham, DL12 8TZ, UK.
Phone/Fax: +44 (0)1833 637971
email: dinsearch@hotmail.com

I hope that this is of help. Good Luck.
I hope that this may hekp you.

Charles Owston, Dinsley Devices Ltd
Charles Owston, Dinsley Devices Ltd
04:11 Apr-05-2005
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Dear Experts
: .
: : Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: : What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: : Thank you
: The thickness of cement lined pipe should be able to be measured using an eddy current device that is designed for the range of thicknesses that you are wanting to measure. I have used the Dinsearch DS500 for measuring Inconel cladding thickness in the range of 0 to 10 mm thickness with very good success. The company can be reached at:
: Dinsley Devices Limited,
: Ivy House, Streatlam Park,
: County Durham, DL12 8TZ, UK.
: Phone/Fax: +44 (0)1833 637971
: email: dinsearch@hotmail.com
: I hope that this is of help. Good Luck.
: I hope that this may hekp you.
------------ End Original Message ------------

At Dinsley Devices Ltd we have over 25 years of experience in providing inovative solutions to problems in the inspection of pipes.

If you care to send details of your problem we will see if we can offer a solution.

Product Spotlight

OPBOX with standard software is able to do all types of inspections and measurements: flaw detection in welds and materials, scanning of objects, testing composite materials, forged and moulded pieces, many UT inspections, measurements of properties of ma

Typical applications: UT measurements with pulse technique, Measurement of thicknesses also at hig
h temperatures, Measurements of properties of materials, including fluids and gases We are delivering a standard version of the software (for any Microsoft Windows up to 10 x64 with Microsoft Hardware certification report Approved) and for special needs: SDK with ready to use examples for LabView, MATLAB x64, C++ wrapper for dll, Python and Linux., and also low-level description of how to control our devices directly from any USB tools
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window