where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hillger Ing. Büro
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.
Technical Discussions
Bijay Muduli
Bijay Muduli
05:43 Jul-21-2003
Lining Thickness measurement

Dear Experts

Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?

What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??

Thank you

Sasaki
Sasaki
08:28 Jul-22-2003
Re: Lining Thickness measurement
RT can be applicable to measure the thickness and the thickness uniformity of ganite lining of pipe inside.

Bijay Muduli
Engineering
IOCL, India, Joined Jul 2003, 4

Bijay Muduli

Engineering
IOCL,
India,
Joined Jul 2003
03:20 Aug-25-2003
I am inviting more opinions / (methods) on this subject.

Thanks & regards

B K Muduli

Dear Experts
: Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: Thank you

David Castle
David Castle
05:12 Apr-02-2005
: Dear Experts
: Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: Thank you

The thickness of cement lined pipe should be able to be measured using an eddy current device that is designed for the range of thicknesses that you are wanting to measure. I have used the Dinsearch DS500 for measuring Inconel cladding thickness in the range of 0 to 10 mm thickness with very good success. The company can be reached at:

Dinsley Devices Limited,
Ivy House, Streatlam Park,
County Durham, DL12 8TZ, UK.
Phone/Fax: +44 (0)1833 637971
email: dinsearch@hotmail.com

I hope that this is of help. Good Luck.
I hope that this may hekp you.

Charles Owston, Dinsley Devices Ltd
Charles Owston, Dinsley Devices Ltd
04:11 Apr-05-2005
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Dear Experts
: .
: : Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: : What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: : Thank you
: The thickness of cement lined pipe should be able to be measured using an eddy current device that is designed for the range of thicknesses that you are wanting to measure. I have used the Dinsearch DS500 for measuring Inconel cladding thickness in the range of 0 to 10 mm thickness with very good success. The company can be reached at:
: Dinsley Devices Limited,
: Ivy House, Streatlam Park,
: County Durham, DL12 8TZ, UK.
: Phone/Fax: +44 (0)1833 637971
: email: dinsearch@hotmail.com
: I hope that this is of help. Good Luck.
: I hope that this may hekp you.
------------ End Original Message ------------

At Dinsley Devices Ltd we have over 25 years of experience in providing inovative solutions to problems in the inspection of pipes.

If you care to send details of your problem we will see if we can offer a solution.

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window