where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Lining Thickness measurement
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

05:43 Jul-21-2003
Bijay Muduli
Lining Thickness measurement

Dear Experts

Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?

What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??

Thank you

08:28 Jul-22-2003
Sasaki
Re: Lining Thickness measurement RT can be applicable to measure the thickness and the thickness uniformity of ganite lining of pipe inside.

03:20 Aug-25-2003

Bijay Muduli

Engineering
IOCL,
India,
Joined Jul 2003
Re: Lining Thickness measurement I am inviting more opinions / (methods) on this subject.

Thanks & regards

B K Muduli

Dear Experts
: Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: Thank you

05:12 Apr-02-2005
David Castle
Re: Lining Thickness measurement : Dear Experts
: Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: Thank you

The thickness of cement lined pipe should be able to be measured using an eddy current device that is designed for the range of thicknesses that you are wanting to measure. I have used the Dinsearch DS500 for measuring Inconel cladding thickness in the range of 0 to 10 mm thickness with very good success. The company can be reached at:

Dinsley Devices Limited,
Ivy House, Streatlam Park,
County Durham, DL12 8TZ, UK.
Phone/Fax: +44 (0)1833 637971
email: dinsearch@hotmail.com

I hope that this is of help. Good Luck.
I hope that this may hekp you.

04:11 Apr-05-2005
Charles Owston, Dinsley Devices Ltd
Re: Lining Thickness measurement ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Dear Experts
: .
: : Can the thickness of lining be measured in an internal cement lined pipe?
: : What other meathod is used to ensure uniform lining thickness in a smaller diameter piping having internal cement lining??
: : Thank you
: The thickness of cement lined pipe should be able to be measured using an eddy current device that is designed for the range of thicknesses that you are wanting to measure. I have used the Dinsearch DS500 for measuring Inconel cladding thickness in the range of 0 to 10 mm thickness with very good success. The company can be reached at:
: Dinsley Devices Limited,
: Ivy House, Streatlam Park,
: County Durham, DL12 8TZ, UK.
: Phone/Fax: +44 (0)1833 637971
: email: dinsearch@hotmail.com
: I hope that this is of help. Good Luck.
: I hope that this may hekp you.
------------ End Original Message ------------

At Dinsley Devices Ltd we have over 25 years of experience in providing inovative solutions to problems in the inspection of pipes.

If you care to send details of your problem we will see if we can offer a solution.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|