where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Grant Gordon
Grant Gordon
09:36 Jan-25-1999
medical transducer fabrication

Greetings All,

I am interested in the design and fabrication of medical transducers.
Specifically my question today concerns the final material
applied onto the radiating face on the ceramic-matching layer combinations.
This material is commonly an RTV or a castable polyurethane, which is used to form lenses
and/or for further impedance matching and as a environmental barrier.
That much I believe to be correct. My question is on the specifics of these materials.
Who makes them? What are the common formulations?
Have their acoustic properties been reported? Where are they reported?

Thanks for your attention and any responses

Grant Gordon

ORCUN KOKSAL
ORCUN KOKSAL
01:48 Mar-18-2000
Re: medical transducer fabrication
: Greetings All,

: I am interested in the design and fabrication of medical transducers.
: Specifically my question today concerns the final material
: applied onto the radiating face on the ceramic-matching layer combinations.
: This material is commonly an RTV or a castable polyurethane, which is used to form lenses
: and/or for further impedance matching and as a environmental barrier.
: That much I believe to be correct. My question is on the specifics of these materials.
: Who makes them? What are the common formulations?
: Have their acoustic properties been reported? Where are they reported?

: Thanks for your attention and any responses

: Grant Gordon

Product Spotlight

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window