where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Grant Gordon
Grant Gordon
09:36 Jan-25-1999
medical transducer fabrication

Greetings All,

I am interested in the design and fabrication of medical transducers.
Specifically my question today concerns the final material
applied onto the radiating face on the ceramic-matching layer combinations.
This material is commonly an RTV or a castable polyurethane, which is used to form lenses
and/or for further impedance matching and as a environmental barrier.
That much I believe to be correct. My question is on the specifics of these materials.
Who makes them? What are the common formulations?
Have their acoustic properties been reported? Where are they reported?

Thanks for your attention and any responses

Grant Gordon

ORCUN KOKSAL
ORCUN KOKSAL
01:48 Mar-18-2000
Re: medical transducer fabrication
: Greetings All,

: I am interested in the design and fabrication of medical transducers.
: Specifically my question today concerns the final material
: applied onto the radiating face on the ceramic-matching layer combinations.
: This material is commonly an RTV or a castable polyurethane, which is used to form lenses
: and/or for further impedance matching and as a environmental barrier.
: That much I believe to be correct. My question is on the specifics of these materials.
: Who makes them? What are the common formulations?
: Have their acoustic properties been reported? Where are they reported?

: Thanks for your attention and any responses

: Grant Gordon

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window