where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
need to get info about digital x ray
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:50 Jul-29-2003
christophe hubert
need to get info about digital x ray

I really need to get good informations concerning digital x ray.
I'm a future level III in X-ray applications (on aircraft engines parts) and I'm working on a digital x ray machine but I don't find any information about it. I can work with the equipment but I'd like to know how it works exactly (detector, imaging...)
Could someone help me ?

07:07 Jul-30-2003
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Re: need to get info about digital x ray Hi Christophe,

My area is med electronics and usually the stuff in that field is a bit more advanced because it's a bigger market. So you'd find the best explanations there. Digital x-ray machines use an amorphous silicon array as a detector which allows to render results very fast into a computer and onto the screen. You'll find them in most modern cath labs, just hope you never have to see one from below (as a patient).

Major med companies have lots of educational material about this. For starters a web page on the GE site would be:

http://www.gemedicalsystems.com/rad/xr/msxrev.html

There are many more, such as Philips. When you check the medical electronics section of a good university library or large tech book store you should find something as well.

Good luck, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I really need to get good informations concerning digital x ray.
: I'm a future level III in X-ray applications (on aircraft engines parts) and I'm working on a digital x ray machine but I don't find any information about it. I can work with the equipment but I'd like to know how it works exactly (detector, imaging...)
: Could someone help me ?
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:35 Aug-01-2003

John Pursley

R & D
Envision Product Design,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: need to get info about digital x ray For the latest developments in digital X-ray take a look at the cover story in American Welding Society September 2003 Inspection Trends issue. It is available online at: http://www.aws.org/itrends/

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi Christophe,
: My area is med electronics and usually the stuff in that field is a bit more advanced because it's a bigger market. So you'd find the best explanations there. Digital x-ray machines use an amorphous silicon array as a detector which allows to render results very fast into a computer and onto the screen. You'll find them in most modern cath labs, just hope you never have to see one from below (as a patient).
: Major med companies have lots of educational material about this. For starters a web page on the GE site would be:
: http://www.gemedicalsystems.com/rad/xr/msxrev.html
: There are many more, such as Philips. When you check the medical electronics section of a good university library or large tech book store you should findsomething as well.
: Good luck, Joerg.
:
: : I really need to get good informations concerning digital x ray.
: : I'm a future level III in X-ray applications (on aircraft engines parts) and I'm working on a digital x ray machine but I don't find any information about it. I can work with the equipment but I'd like to know how it works exactly (detector, imaging...)
: : Could someone help me ?
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:40 Aug-07-2003
Jan Fosse
Re: need to get info about digital x ray Hello!
I can easily see your confusion about the different equipment on the market.
I was working on med. digital X-rays equipment since they became available (ca. 2000. I have worked on different brands, and I have experience from GE, Philips, Siemens, Fuji, Kodak, Toshiba and Agfa (Also the Dicom 3.0 protocol from Agfa, Kodak, GE and the compatability problems between them. If you want a personal opinion on these brands give me a mail at
jan.fosse@tecwel.com

03:15 Dec-22-2003
Zahidur Rahman
Re: need to get info about digital x ray Hi,
I like to know about your digital X-Ray machine

Thanks & best regards
Zahidur Rahman

07:56 Apr-12-2005
dr.e
Re: need to get info about digital x ray I need info about digital x-ray machines

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|