where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
christophe hubert
christophe hubert
00:50 Jul-29-2003
need to get info about digital x ray

I really need to get good informations concerning digital x ray.
I'm a future level III in X-ray applications (on aircraft engines parts) and I'm working on a digital x ray machine but I don't find any information about it. I can work with the equipment but I'd like to know how it works exactly (detector, imaging...)
Could someone help me ?

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
07:07 Jul-30-2003
Re: need to get info about digital x ray
Hi Christophe,

My area is med electronics and usually the stuff in that field is a bit more advanced because it's a bigger market. So you'd find the best explanations there. Digital x-ray machines use an amorphous silicon array as a detector which allows to render results very fast into a computer and onto the screen. You'll find them in most modern cath labs, just hope you never have to see one from below (as a patient).

Major med companies have lots of educational material about this. For starters a web page on the GE site would be:

http://www.gemedicalsystems.com/rad/xr/msxrev.html

There are many more, such as Philips. When you check the medical electronics section of a good university library or large tech book store you should find something as well.

Good luck, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I really need to get good informations concerning digital x ray.
: I'm a future level III in X-ray applications (on aircraft engines parts) and I'm working on a digital x ray machine but I don't find any information about it. I can work with the equipment but I'd like to know how it works exactly (detector, imaging...)
: Could someone help me ?
------------ End Original Message ------------

John Pursley
R & D
Envision Product Design, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 23

John Pursley

R & D
Envision Product Design,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
00:35 Aug-01-2003
For the latest developments in digital X-ray take a look at the cover story in American Welding Society September 2003 Inspection Trends issue. It is available online at: http://www.aws.org/itrends/

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi Christophe,
: My area is med electronics and usually the stuff in that field is a bit more advanced because it's a bigger market. So you'd find the best explanations there. Digital x-ray machines use an amorphous silicon array as a detector which allows to render results very fast into a computer and onto the screen. You'll find them in most modern cath labs, just hope you never have to see one from below (as a patient).
: Major med companies have lots of educational material about this. For starters a web page on the GE site would be:
: http://www.gemedicalsystems.com/rad/xr/msxrev.html
: There are many more, such as Philips. When you check the medical electronics section of a good university library or large tech book store you should findsomething as well.
: Good luck, Joerg.
:
: : I really need to get good informations concerning digital x ray.
: : I'm a future level III in X-ray applications (on aircraft engines parts) and I'm working on a digital x ray machine but I don't find any information about it. I can work with the equipment but I'd like to know how it works exactly (detector, imaging...)
: : Could someone help me ?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Jan Fosse
Jan Fosse
00:40 Aug-07-2003
Hello!
I can easily see your confusion about the different equipment on the market.
I was working on med. digital X-rays equipment since they became available (ca. 2000. I have worked on different brands, and I have experience from GE, Philips, Siemens, Fuji, Kodak, Toshiba and Agfa (Also the Dicom 3.0 protocol from Agfa, Kodak, GE and the compatability problems between them. If you want a personal opinion on these brands give me a mail at
jan.fosse@tecwel.com

Zahidur Rahman
Zahidur Rahman
03:15 Dec-22-2003
Hi,
I like to know about your digital X-Ray machine

Thanks & best regards
Zahidur Rahman

dr.e
dr.e
07:56 Apr-12-2005
I need info about digital x-ray machines

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s