where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Phased Array Ultrasonic Teasting (PAUT)
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

NOVO DR
develops and manufactures cutting edge Portable Digital Radiography X-ray Inspection Systems.

06:22 Aug-07-2003

Jeff

R & D, Ultrasonic Phased Array, Physical Science, NAS-410 LIII
NASA,
USA,
Joined Dec 1999
Phased Array Ultrasonic Teasting (PAUT)

I am seeking to exchange ideas with other users of PAUT technologies. I've been working with PAUT for about 3 years with great success. I would like to know:

1.) What vendor does the community think is currently the best?
2.) Do you have any techniques or tips you might could share?
3.) Do you have any experience with portable PAUT equipment?

I am not looking for sales reps, as I have already reps from at least two vendors. I would like to know about your experience with PAUT inspections and any information about the overall feel of any vendors you have worked with in this field.

Thanks -

Jeff

09:44 Aug-08-2003

Uli Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Phased Array Ultrasonic Teasting (PAUT) ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am seeking to exchange ideas with other users of PAUT technologies. I've been working with PAUT for about 3 years with great success. I would like to know:
: 1.) What vendor does the community think is currently the best?
: 2.) Do you have any techniques or tips you might could share?
: 3.) Do you have any experience with portable PAUT equipment?
------------ End Original Message ------------

SAPHIR PLUS is a well working state-of-the-art PAUT system. It's manufactured by 'IntelligeNDT Systems' division of FANP (Framatome), former SIEMENS/KWU, at Erlangen, Germany. They are vendors in the nuclear ISI business, too, but the system is also in use in other industries. It's portable (or, better say: 'mobile', as it's not light weight and not intended to be used by a single operator).

Regards
Uli Mletzko
NDT division, MPA, Univerity of Stuttgart, Germany

00:04 Aug-11-2003

Jeff

R & D, Ultrasonic Phased Array, Physical Science, NAS-410 LIII
NASA,
USA,
Joined Dec 1999
Re: Phased Array Ultrasonic Teasting (PAUT) Thanks for your reply. I found the website to 'IntelligeNDT':

http://www.intelligendt.de/news.asp?folder_id=1579&mainfolder_id=1579&news_id=20&sprache=english

I could not find much information about the product, however. The two PAUT vendors that I know a bit about are:

http://www.rd-tech.com/a/rdtechang.html
http://www.harfangmicro.com

Thanks again -

----------- Start Original Message -----------

: SAPHIR PLUS is a well working state-of-the-art PAUT system. It's manufactured by 'IntelligeNDT Systems' division of FANP (Framatome), former SIEMENS/KWU, at Erlangen, Germany. They are vendors in the nuclear ISI business, too, but the system is also in use in other industries. It's portable (or, better say: 'mobile', as it's not light weight and not intended to be used by a single operator).
: Regards
: Uli Mletzko
: NDT division, MPA, Univerity of Stuttgart, Germany

00:18 Aug-13-2003

Uli Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Phased Array Ultrasonic Teasting (PAUT) ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Thanks for your reply. I found the website to 'IntelligeNDT':
: http://www.intelligendt.de/news.asp?folder_id=1579&mainfolder_id=1579&news_id=20&sprache=english
: I could not find much information about the product, however.

Try to contact klaus.hartwig@intelligendt.de or bernd.rueckelt@intelligent.de. They are from the vendor division of INTELLIGENDT/FANP, but they might forward your questions to the manufacturing division of the SAPHIR system.

Regards
Uli Mletzko
NDT group, MPA,
University of Stuttgart, Germany

09:21 Apr-27-2004
luke
Re: Phased Array Ultrasonic Teasting (PAUT) I know that PAUT.com will be up on May 3rd 2004. They are going to provide this type of information. Keep an eye on that...

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am seeking to exchange ideas with other users of PAUT technologies. I've been working with PAUT for about 3 years with great success. I would like to know:
: 1.) What vendor does the community think is currently the best?
: 2.) Do you have any techniques or tips you might could share?
: 3.) Do you have any experience with portable PAUT equipment?
: I am not looking for sales reps, as I have already reps from at least two vendors. I would like to know about your experience with PAUT inspections and any information about the overall feel of any vendors you have worked with in this field.
: Thanks -
: Jeff

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|