where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
misha
misha
09:43 Aug-10-2003
digital oscilloscope question

for a long time i'm looking for the digital oscilloscope wich works just as analog one. I mean NOT a image on screen, but algorithm.
For instance: digital oscilloscope is waiting for trigger and then downloading data into memory for prosceccing;
analog oscilloscope represetns input signal scan n, n+1 and so on.
time delay between scan n and n+1 is constant (for instant= t sec.) (of course if user is not canging syncronization). Stabilizaton of the picture on the screen accomplishs by changing value t.
quesiton is does enyone know about DIGITAL!!! oscilloscope with such feature like analog have.

Johny English
Johny English
06:29 Aug-11-2003
Re: digital oscilloscope question
Tektronix TDS 210 will do the job for you. 6o MHZ bandwidth, 1GS/s

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: for a long time i'm looking for the digital oscilloscope wich works just as analog one. I mean NOT a image on screen, but algorithm.
: For instance: digital oscilloscope is waiting for trigger and then downloading data into memory for prosceccing;
: analog oscilloscope represetns input signal scan n, n+1 and so on.
: time delay between scan n and n+1 is constant (for instant= t sec.) (of course if user is not canging syncronization). Stabilizaton of the picture on the screen accomplishs by changing value t.
: quesiton is does enyone know about DIGITAL!!! oscilloscope with such feature like analog have.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Chandima
Chandima
05:00 Nov-17-2004
I want some tutorials about following sections of digital oscilloscope.
1.] major operational principles of the instrument.
[2.] measurement techniques associated with the equipment.
[3.] special techniques that can be used to improve the accuracy of the measurement.
[4.] special considerations associated with attachments such as probes.
[5.]instrumentation problems and associated measurement errors.
[6.] applications associated with the instrument.

Rich Markley
Rohde & Schwarz, USA, Joined Dec 2018, 1

Rich Markley

Rohde & Schwarz,
USA,
Joined Dec 2018
00:33 Dec-12-2018
In Reply to misha at 09:43 Aug-10-2003 (Opening).

Hi Misha, I think what you're looking for is a digital oscilloscope with a fast waveform update rate. Since you first posted this question, digital scopes have gotten much faster in this regard. Even lower-priced scopes, such as the Rohde&Schwarz RTC1000, have waveform update rates of more than 10,000 waveforms per second. When coupled with the other advantages of a digital oscilloscope, such as the ability to perform FFTs, capture signals to memory, and make a variety of automatic measurements, you'll find that these new digital oscilloscopes will do a very good job for you.

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window