where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.
Technical Discussions
Bob Wilson
Bob Wilson
06:01 Aug-25-2003
Conductivity Measurement Of Thin Aluminum

I'm a little confused by the requirement of MIL-STD-1537 with regards to "thin" aluminum, particularly clad less than .091...

As I read the spec, if my specimens are below minimum but greater than .6 times min, I have to stack. I'm then supposed to determine a thickness correction factor by averaging stacked and unstacked readings. Now (and here is where I'm confused), if the correction factor is less than 2.5, I can test individule specimens without stacking using my correction factor on the acceptance range. If the CF is greater than 2.5 but less than 5 I have to stack parts, and I don't use the correction factor. If the CF is greater than 5, I can't stack parts and I can't use a CF so I have to increase frequency and start the game again...
The "examples" in the spec are not very helpful. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window