where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Matec Instrument Companies, Inc.
Ultrasonic test instrumentation and systems for scientific research, quality control inspection and production testing applications.

Technical Discussions
Charlie Jackson
Engineering
MBINSPECTION, United Kingdom, Joined Aug 2003, 7

Charlie Jackson

Engineering
MBINSPECTION,
United Kingdom,
Joined Aug 2003
05:19 Sep-17-2003
Non-intrusive inspection of tank floors in annular region

Dear members
Does anyone know of a method or technique which can assess the floor plate of a vertical tank in the region of the shell annular. The annular lip standout available is 35mm max and the thickness of the annular 12mm. The LORUS system has been used for a number of years but I believe the standout required is +50mm.
Regards Charlie Jackson

Haswadi Yusof
Haswadi Yusof
06:30 May-13-2004
Re: Non-intrusive inspection of tank floors in annular region
Does anyone know how can I get the details of this LORUS system? I need to have at least thickness measurement data at annular areas for corrosion monitoring purposes.

Regards
Haswadi

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear members
: Does anyone know of a method or technique which can assess the floor plate of a vertical tank in the region of the shell annular. The annular lip standout available is 35mm max and the thickness of the annular 12mm. The LORUS system has been used for a number of years but I believe the standout required is +50mm.
: Regards Charlie Jackson
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Ultrasonic Flaw Detector & Thickness Gauge: Smartor

SIUI’s newly launched Smartor is a combination of ultrasonic testing and ultrasonic thickness me
asurement. ●IP 66 ●Compact size: 198 (W)* 128 (H) *520 (D) mm ●0.9kg only with battery ●5.7" LCD with high resolution 640×480 pixels ●One-hand operation ●Multiple conventional UT functions ●Smart Test Wizard ●Weld Simulation
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s