where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Charlie Jackson
Engineering
MBINSPECTION, United Kingdom, Joined Aug 2003, 7

Charlie Jackson

Engineering
MBINSPECTION,
United Kingdom,
Joined Aug 2003
05:19 Sep-17-2003
Non-intrusive inspection of tank floors in annular region

Dear members
Does anyone know of a method or technique which can assess the floor plate of a vertical tank in the region of the shell annular. The annular lip standout available is 35mm max and the thickness of the annular 12mm. The LORUS system has been used for a number of years but I believe the standout required is +50mm.
Regards Charlie Jackson

Haswadi Yusof
Haswadi Yusof
06:30 May-13-2004
Re: Non-intrusive inspection of tank floors in annular region
Does anyone know how can I get the details of this LORUS system? I need to have at least thickness measurement data at annular areas for corrosion monitoring purposes.

Regards
Haswadi

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear members
: Does anyone know of a method or technique which can assess the floor plate of a vertical tank in the region of the shell annular. The annular lip standout available is 35mm max and the thickness of the annular 12mm. The LORUS system has been used for a number of years but I believe the standout required is +50mm.
: Regards Charlie Jackson
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window