where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Non-intrusive inspection of tank floors in annular region
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

I&T Nardoni Institute
A state-of-the-art company servicing the metal, mechanical, aeronautical and railway industrial sectors

05:19 Sep-17-2003

Charlie Jackson

Engineering
MBINSPECTION,
United Kingdom,
Joined Aug 2003
Non-intrusive inspection of tank floors in annular region

Dear members
Does anyone know of a method or technique which can assess the floor plate of a vertical tank in the region of the shell annular. The annular lip standout available is 35mm max and the thickness of the annular 12mm. The LORUS system has been used for a number of years but I believe the standout required is +50mm.
Regards Charlie Jackson

06:30 May-13-2004
Haswadi Yusof
Re: Non-intrusive inspection of tank floors in annular region Does anyone know how can I get the details of this LORUS system? I need to have at least thickness measurement data at annular areas for corrosion monitoring purposes.

Regards
Haswadi

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear members
: Does anyone know of a method or technique which can assess the floor plate of a vertical tank in the region of the shell annular. The annular lip standout available is 35mm max and the thickness of the annular 12mm. The LORUS system has been used for a number of years but I believe the standout required is +50mm.
: Regards Charlie Jackson
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|