where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.
Technical Discussions
damoon sima
damoon sima
08:30 Oct-15-2003
stress measurement by eddy current method

Hello.
I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.

D
D
03:32 Oct-15-2003
Re: stress measurement by eddy current method
The only off the shelf method I know is produced by TSC in the UK and is an ACFM method.

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 301

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
06:18 Oct-15-2003
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
: I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
: If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
: additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
: if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
Please take a look at the "Stresstech" web site at www.stresstech.fi
These people have two instrument types, one of which can detect changes in residual stress using Barkhausen Noise, and the other can measure the residual stress using X-Ray diffraction.
They can measure samples in their laboratory if they are small, or can arrange a site visit if the samples are larger.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands.

Martin Lugg
Consultant,
TSC Inspection Systems, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 2000, 27

Martin Lugg

Consultant,
TSC Inspection Systems,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2000
08:35 Oct-15-2003
For more information on TSC's Stress Measurement system (ACSM, derived from ACFM), see a couple of new datasheets on our web-site www.tscinspectionsystems.com.

What technique you can use depends on whether you need to measure applied and/or residual stresses, and (most difficult) if you want to isolate one in the presence of the other.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
: I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
: If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
: additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
: if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window