where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
damoon sima
damoon sima
08:30 Oct-15-2003
stress measurement by eddy current method

Hello.
I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.

D
D
03:32 Oct-15-2003
Re: stress measurement by eddy current method
The only off the shelf method I know is produced by TSC in the UK and is an ACFM method.

Godfrey Hands
Engineering,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 287

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
06:18 Oct-15-2003
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
: I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
: If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
: additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
: if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
Please take a look at the "Stresstech" web site at www.stresstech.fi
These people have two instrument types, one of which can detect changes in residual stress using Barkhausen Noise, and the other can measure the residual stress using X-Ray diffraction.
They can measure samples in their laboratory if they are small, or can arrange a site visit if the samples are larger.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands.

Martin Lugg
Consultant,
United Kingdom, Joined Nov 2000, 27

Martin Lugg

Consultant,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2000
08:35 Oct-15-2003
For more information on TSC's Stress Measurement system (ACSM, derived from ACFM), see a couple of new datasheets on our web-site www.tscinspectionsystems.com.

What technique you can use depends on whether you need to measure applied and/or residual stresses, and (most difficult) if you want to isolate one in the presence of the other.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
: I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
: If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
: additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
: if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s