where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
stress measurement by eddy current method
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:30 Oct-15-2003
damoon sima
stress measurement by eddy current method

Hello.
I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.

03:32 Oct-15-2003
D
Re: stress measurement by eddy current method The only off the shelf method I know is produced by TSC in the UK and is an ACFM method.

06:18 Oct-15-2003

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: stress measurement by eddy current method ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
: I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
: If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
: additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
: if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
Please take a look at the "Stresstech" web site at www.stresstech.fi
These people have two instrument types, one of which can detect changes in residual stress using Barkhausen Noise, and the other can measure the residual stress using X-Ray diffraction.
They can measure samples in their laboratory if they are small, or can arrange a site visit if the samples are larger.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands.

08:35 Oct-15-2003

Martin Lugg

Consultant,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2000
Re: stress measurement by eddy current method For more information on TSC's Stress Measurement system (ACSM, derived from ACFM), see a couple of new datasheets on our web-site www.tscinspectionsystems.com.

What technique you can use depends on whether you need to measure applied and/or residual stresses, and (most difficult) if you want to isolate one in the presence of the other.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am a student of mechanical eng. in tehran polytechnic uni. and for my final project
: I am trying to measure the value and direction of stress by eddy current method.
: If anybody can help me in this manner i will be thank of him.
: additionally i'm in need of an article which it's title is"PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF EDDY CURRENT METHOD FOR ESTIMATION OF VALUE AND DIRECTION OF STRESS" which it has been presented in 3rd conference of nd in greece.
: if anybody can supply me i will be very very thank of him.
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|