where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Resonant inspection transducers
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Canadian Institute for NDE
We are specialized in training for Radiography, Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Eddy Current and emerging NDT technologies.

02:36 Oct-15-2003
lns
Resonant inspection transducers

Hi all,

Iam looking for transducers suitable for Resonant Inspection. Can anyone help me with it?

Thanks,
lns

03:30 Oct-15-2003
D
Re: Resonant inspection transducers Try Godfrey Hands Ltd in the UK(hands-ltd.demon.co.uk), or Quasar NDT, New Mexico, USA

06:23 Oct-15-2003

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Resonant inspection transducers ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi all,
: Iam looking for transducers suitable for Resonant Inspection. Can anyone help me with it?
: Thanks,
: lns
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
It depends on how you want to excite the parts and how you want to receive the vibrations. Also depends on the sample shape and dimensions.

We market two transducer types, both of which operate by exciting the part with a swept sine wave and receiving the vibration with piezo transducers. One operates best as transmitter between 50 Hz and 30 KHz, and the other operates best as both transmitter and receiver between 10 KHz and 1 MHz.

If you are using impact excitation and only interested in lower frequency vibrations, then Microphones (20 KHz upper limit) or accelerometers (upper limit 40 KHz) are suitable.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands.

06:27 Oct-15-2003
Georg Arnolds
Re: Resonant inspection transducers ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi all,
: Iam looking for transducers suitable for Resonant Inspection. Can anyone help me with it?
: Thanks,
: lns
------------ End Original Message ------------

Try www.rte.de / Germany

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|