where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

DASEL SISTEMAS
Our Phased Array equipments, based on SITAU Technology, are among the PAS highest performance in the market.

Technical Discussions
Rolando
Rolando
07:10 Oct-15-2003
Impact strength

i would like to know if is posible determinate the impact strength (resilience)using NDT, I will glad any information about any NDT related to the impact strength.

Godfrey Hands
Engineering,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 286

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:33 Oct-16-2003
Re: Impact strength
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: i would like to know if is posible determinate the impact strength (resilience)using NDT, I will glad any information about any NDT related to the impact strength.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi Rolando,
It is possible to determine the elastic properties of materials using Resonant Techniques.
This needs the test specimens to be small and regularly shaped.

There is an instrument marketed by Quasar International which measures the Shear Modulus, Young's Modulus, Bulk Modulus and Poisson's Ratio to an accuracy of about 0.1%. Instrument is called the RUSpec.
It can work through temperature ranges between Liquid Helium and 800 Kelvin.
Many scientific establishments and laboratories world-wide have these instruments.

We are the European Agents for Quasar.

Please contact me if this sounds interesting.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands.

Product Spotlight

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s