where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.
Technical Discussions
Rolando
Rolando
07:10 Oct-15-2003
Impact strength

i would like to know if is posible determinate the impact strength (resilience)using NDT, I will glad any information about any NDT related to the impact strength.

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 304

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:33 Oct-16-2003
Re: Impact strength
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: i would like to know if is posible determinate the impact strength (resilience)using NDT, I will glad any information about any NDT related to the impact strength.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi Rolando,
It is possible to determine the elastic properties of materials using Resonant Techniques.
This needs the test specimens to be small and regularly shaped.

There is an instrument marketed by Quasar International which measures the Shear Modulus, Young's Modulus, Bulk Modulus and Poisson's Ratio to an accuracy of about 0.1%. Instrument is called the RUSpec.
It can work through temperature ranges between Liquid Helium and 800 Kelvin.
Many scientific establishments and laboratories world-wide have these instruments.

We are the European Agents for Quasar.

Please contact me if this sounds interesting.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands.

Product Spotlight

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window