where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
Weare searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques- in creation of new productsUltrasonic instruments - Ultrasonic Testing Card

Technical Discussions
Chetana Kommireddi
Chetana Kommireddi
03:11 Oct-22-2003
In-situ Impact echo tests for buried pipe

I'm a student and I’m working on Impact Echo for pipes. I have some questions regarding in-situ testing of buried pipes. We are planning to do some field experiments on buried storm sewer and I was just wondering whether we could use our hand held equipment, which is labor-intensive, for the whole 1500 ft pipeline we are planning to test. There must be some scanner kind of small roller-mounted automated device which comprises of impactor(s), receiver which will be accompanied by data-acquisition system. I'm not sure where I can find such info. I’d very much appreciate if you could give some information, pointers where I can find such information.

Thanks in advance,
Chetana.

John O'brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
08:04 Oct-22-2003
Re: In-situ Impact echo tests for buried pipe
Try contacting Physical Acoustics in Princeton New jersey they may have a solution.

Philippe Guevremont
Engineering
Earth Tech Canada Inc., Canada, Joined Jan 2002, 2

Philippe Guevremont

Engineering
Earth Tech Canada Inc.,
Canada,
Joined Jan 2002
02:55 Oct-22-2003
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Try contacting Physical Acoustics in Princeton New jersey they may have a solution.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Another option is Olson Engineering. They have a device that can be used on curved surfaces, specifically for concrete pipes. The system is based on IE. I have not seen any soller sensors for concrete applications which could enhance IE testing.

Regards,

Phil

Todd Allen
Consultant, Ground Penetrating Radar ( GPR )
Radarview Concrete and Underground 3D Imaging, USA, Joined Jan 2003, 7

Todd Allen

Consultant, Ground Penetrating Radar ( GPR )
Radarview Concrete and Underground 3D Imaging,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
02:19 Oct-23-2003
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Try contacting Physical Acoustics in Princeton New jersey they may have a solution.
: Another option is Olson Engineering. They have a device that can be used on curved surfaces, specifically for concrete pipes. The system is based on IE. I have not seen any soller sensors for concrete applications which could enhance IE testing.
: Regards,
: Phil

You can contact Germann Instruments at 847-329-9999.

Todd Allen
Manager
Radarview Structural and Underground Services
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window