where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Chetana Kommireddi
Chetana Kommireddi
03:11 Oct-22-2003
In-situ Impact echo tests for buried pipe

I'm a student and I’m working on Impact Echo for pipes. I have some questions regarding in-situ testing of buried pipes. We are planning to do some field experiments on buried storm sewer and I was just wondering whether we could use our hand held equipment, which is labor-intensive, for the whole 1500 ft pipeline we are planning to test. There must be some scanner kind of small roller-mounted automated device which comprises of impactor(s), receiver which will be accompanied by data-acquisition system. I'm not sure where I can find such info. I’d very much appreciate if you could give some information, pointers where I can find such information.

Thanks in advance,
Chetana.

John O'brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
08:04 Oct-22-2003
Re: In-situ Impact echo tests for buried pipe
Try contacting Physical Acoustics in Princeton New jersey they may have a solution.

Philippe Guevremont
Engineering
Earth Tech Canada Inc., Canada, Joined Jan 2002, 2

Philippe Guevremont

Engineering
Earth Tech Canada Inc.,
Canada,
Joined Jan 2002
02:55 Oct-22-2003
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Try contacting Physical Acoustics in Princeton New jersey they may have a solution.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Another option is Olson Engineering. They have a device that can be used on curved surfaces, specifically for concrete pipes. The system is based on IE. I have not seen any soller sensors for concrete applications which could enhance IE testing.

Regards,

Phil

Todd Allen
Consultant, Ground Penetrating Radar ( GPR )
Radarview Concrete and Underground 3D Imaging, USA, Joined Jan 2003, 7

Todd Allen

Consultant, Ground Penetrating Radar ( GPR )
Radarview Concrete and Underground 3D Imaging,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
02:19 Oct-23-2003
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Try contacting Physical Acoustics in Princeton New jersey they may have a solution.
: Another option is Olson Engineering. They have a device that can be used on curved surfaces, specifically for concrete pipes. The system is based on IE. I have not seen any soller sensors for concrete applications which could enhance IE testing.
: Regards,
: Phil

You can contact Germann Instruments at 847-329-9999.

Todd Allen
Manager
Radarview Structural and Underground Services
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window