where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Wasid Raja
Wasid Raja
07:00 Nov-10-2003
Water Detection

I have been searching for a long period of time now, some sort of equipment to detect underground water. I originate from the mountains of Kashmir, and currently live in the UK. I want to help thousands of people find water, but cant seem to find the right equipment. We have tried the 'two rod method' but had no luck. If someone can help out, please conatct me on dd616@city.ac.uk.

Thankyou

Ernst Niederleithinger
R & D, -
BAM (Fed. inst. for material research and testing, Germany, Joined Jun 2001, 7

Ernst Niederleithinger

R & D, -
BAM (Fed. inst. for material research and testing,
Germany,
Joined Jun 2001
09:13 Nov-11-2003
Re: Water Detection
Hi,
My personal opinion is that the two rods work only if you believe in it (or if water is anywhere in the ground like in most parts of Germany).
More reliable is to do serious hydrogeological prospection, supported by drillings, lab analysis and geophysical methods like geoelectrics or refraction seismics. Work has to be done by experts. In most cases local experts are best.
But this of course costs money...

Best wishes

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window