where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Wasid Raja
Wasid Raja
07:00 Nov-10-2003
Water Detection

I have been searching for a long period of time now, some sort of equipment to detect underground water. I originate from the mountains of Kashmir, and currently live in the UK. I want to help thousands of people find water, but cant seem to find the right equipment. We have tried the 'two rod method' but had no luck. If someone can help out, please conatct me on dd616@city.ac.uk.

Thankyou

Ernst Niederleithinger
R & D, -
BAM (Fed. inst. for material research and testing, Germany, Joined Jun 2001, 7

Ernst Niederleithinger

R & D, -
BAM (Fed. inst. for material research and testing,
Germany,
Joined Jun 2001
09:13 Nov-11-2003
Re: Water Detection
Hi,
My personal opinion is that the two rods work only if you believe in it (or if water is anywhere in the ground like in most parts of Germany).
More reliable is to do serious hydrogeological prospection, supported by drillings, lab analysis and geophysical methods like geoelectrics or refraction seismics. Work has to be done by experts. In most cases local experts are best.
But this of course costs money...

Best wishes

Product Spotlight

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

VeeScan AirCraft Wheel Inspection

The VEESCAN offers maximum flexibility, has a proven mechanical design and records of breakdown-fr
ee operation of over 365 days. Appealing to companies in the Aerospace industry, the VEESCAN is ideal for all wheel-testing environments. With a wide selection of probes, the VeeScan allows your wheel testing facility the flexibility to select the most compatible configurations with their workload.
>

VOGT Ultrasonics awarded innovation champion

Let go of the old and try something new. VOGT convinced the jury in the 27th round of the TOP 100
innovation competition. Our team is very pleased to officially belong to the TOP 100 in Germany!
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window