where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Water Detection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:00 Nov-10-2003
Wasid Raja
Water Detection

I have been searching for a long period of time now, some sort of equipment to detect underground water. I originate from the mountains of Kashmir, and currently live in the UK. I want to help thousands of people find water, but cant seem to find the right equipment. We have tried the 'two rod method' but had no luck. If someone can help out, please conatct me on dd616@city.ac.uk.

Thankyou

09:13 Nov-11-2003

Ernst Niederleithinger

R & D, -
BAM (Fed. inst. for material research and testing,
Germany,
Joined Jun 2001
Re: Water Detection Hi,
My personal opinion is that the two rods work only if you believe in it (or if water is anywhere in the ground like in most parts of Germany).
More reliable is to do serious hydrogeological prospection, supported by drillings, lab analysis and geophysical methods like geoelectrics or refraction seismics. Work has to be done by experts. In most cases local experts are best.
But this of course costs money...

Best wishes

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|