where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

ACS-Solutions GmbH
develop and manufacture hi-tech devices for Ultrasonic Testing

Technical Discussions
Martin Bergstrom
Martin Bergstrom
05:18 Dec-04-2003
Digital x-ray in shipbuilding

I am doing some reseaerch on the use of digital x-ray, both digitised and direct digital.

Can anyone give me some case studies where digital xray have been used in shipbuilding?

Especially in submarine construction

Much obliged

Martin

steve hornby
NDT Inspector, NDT Manager
BAE SYSTEMS, SUBMARINES, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 2003, 4

steve hornby

NDT Inspector, NDT Manager
BAE SYSTEMS, SUBMARINES,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2003
00:31 Dec-07-2003
Re: Digital x-ray in shipbuilding
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am doing some reseaerch on the use of digital x-ray, both digitised and direct digital.
: Can anyone give me some case studies where digital xray have been used in shipbuilding?
: Especially in submarine construction
: Much obliged
: Martin
------------ End Original Message ------------

Martin,
I am the NDE Manager at BAE SYSTEMS, Submarines, Barrow-in-Furness. I am currently undertaking R&D work on Dig Rad, using the Agfa Rad View System. My primary objective is hopefully to qualify its use on pipework, particulary "onboard".If you have any ideas or need some info re my work please feel free to contact me. either through this forum or you can get me at work tel. 01229 87 5979 or me mail steve.hornby@baesystems.com

Regards,
Steve hornby

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment
The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of
Hillger Ing. Büro
3 Videos

The New veo+ And DAAH DLA PA Package For Stainless Steel Weld Testing Is Now Available!
The good sizing capability of a 7.5MHz DAAH DLA probe paired with the superior capabilities of
Sonatest Ltd
5 Showcases 2 Videos

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System
The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers
Vidisco Ltd.
3 Showcases

GEKKO, Standard and Advanced phased-array for Easier inspection
With a 64-channel parallel architecture, GEKKO is a flaw detector offering at the same time
M2M
5 Showcases 5 Videos

More Showcases

Share...

We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window