where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.
Technical Discussions
Martin Bergstrom
Martin Bergstrom
05:18 Dec-04-2003
Digital x-ray in shipbuilding

I am doing some reseaerch on the use of digital x-ray, both digitised and direct digital.

Can anyone give me some case studies where digital xray have been used in shipbuilding?

Especially in submarine construction

Much obliged

Martin

steve hornby
NDT Inspector, NDT Manager
BAE SYSTEMS, SUBMARINES, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 2003, 4

steve hornby

NDT Inspector, NDT Manager
BAE SYSTEMS, SUBMARINES,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2003
00:31 Dec-07-2003
Re: Digital x-ray in shipbuilding
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am doing some reseaerch on the use of digital x-ray, both digitised and direct digital.
: Can anyone give me some case studies where digital xray have been used in shipbuilding?
: Especially in submarine construction
: Much obliged
: Martin
------------ End Original Message ------------

Martin,
I am the NDE Manager at BAE SYSTEMS, Submarines, Barrow-in-Furness. I am currently undertaking R&D work on Dig Rad, using the Agfa Rad View System. My primary objective is hopefully to qualify its use on pipework, particulary "onboard".If you have any ideas or need some info re my work please feel free to contact me. either through this forum or you can get me at work tel. 01229 87 5979 or me mail steve.hornby@baesystems.com

Regards,
Steve hornby

Product Spotlight

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

32:128PR PAUT & 2-ch TOFD Flaw Detector: SyncScan 2

●32:128PR PAUT with optional 2-ch TOFD to maximize your efficiency ●Support PR mode for corrosi
on inspection ●Multiple solutions for welds & corrosion ●Faster scan speed (Approximately 3 meters/minute) ●Light weight: 4kg only including battery
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window