where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
High frequency vibration exciter
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:15 Jan-12-2004

Kent

Student, -
UA,
USA,
Joined Jul 2003
High frequency vibration exciter

I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
Anyboday has such experience?

04:08 Jan-12-2004
Ethan
Re: High frequency vibration exciter ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
: Anyboday has such experience?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Anything is possible! What is your goal for exciting the sheet? You could think about plate waves. Where the thickness of the steel sheet is close to the wavelength of 100 KHz in your steel. Or if you have a given sheet, calculate back to the frequency required to induce a plate wave.

Depending on how much energy is required would determine which vendor's product is best suited for your application

regards
e

07:17 Jan-12-2004

Kent

Student, -
UA,
USA,
Joined Jul 2003
Re: High frequency vibration exciter E, thank you for your answer. It's good news for me. I just want to excite the structure to such high frequency and measure the vibration energy on that frequency band. since the sheet is small (1"X8"X1/16") and I guess the energy should be little.
Would you suggest some products/vendors?

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
: : Anyboday has such experience?
:
: Anything is possible! What is your goal for exciting the sheet? You could think about plate waves. Where the thickness of the steel sheet is close to the wavelength of 100 KHz in your steel. Or if you have a given sheet, calculate back to the frequency required to induce a plate wave.
: Depending on how much energy is required would determine which vendor's product is best suited for your application
: regards
: e
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:35 Aug-08-2005
tan chee siong
Mini Vibration exciter Hello!I wish to develop a mini vibration exciter which generate around 5 Newton. This shaker will be placed at the shaft bearing of a 2 stroke motorcycle engine. Purpose of this project is to do the vibration analysis of the 2stroke engine by eliminate the vibration due to the combustion inside the engine itself.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|