where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Kent
Student, -
UA, USA, Joined Jul 2003, 2

Kent

Student, -
UA,
USA,
Joined Jul 2003
00:15 Jan-12-2004
High frequency vibration exciter

I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
Anyboday has such experience?

Ethan
Ethan
04:08 Jan-12-2004
Re: High frequency vibration exciter
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
: Anyboday has such experience?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Anything is possible! What is your goal for exciting the sheet? You could think about plate waves. Where the thickness of the steel sheet is close to the wavelength of 100 KHz in your steel. Or if you have a given sheet, calculate back to the frequency required to induce a plate wave.

Depending on how much energy is required would determine which vendor's product is best suited for your application

regards
e

Kent
Student, -
UA, USA, Joined Jul 2003, 2

Kent

Student, -
UA,
USA,
Joined Jul 2003
07:17 Jan-12-2004
Re: High frequency vibration exciter
E, thank you for your answer. It's good news for me. I just want to excite the structure to such high frequency and measure the vibration energy on that frequency band. since the sheet is small (1"X8"X1/16") and I guess the energy should be little.
Would you suggest some products/vendors?

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : I want to use a vibration shaker to excite a steel sheet up to 100kHz. Is it possible?
: : Anyboday has such experience?
:
: Anything is possible! What is your goal for exciting the sheet? You could think about plate waves. Where the thickness of the steel sheet is close to the wavelength of 100 KHz in your steel. Or if you have a given sheet, calculate back to the frequency required to induce a plate wave.
: Depending on how much energy is required would determine which vendor's product is best suited for your application
: regards
: e
------------ End Original Message ------------

tan chee siong
tan chee siong
00:35 Aug-08-2005
Mini Vibration exciter
Hello!I wish to develop a mini vibration exciter which generate around 5 Newton. This shaker will be placed at the shaft bearing of a 2 stroke motorcycle engine. Purpose of this project is to do the vibration analysis of the 2stroke engine by eliminate the vibration due to the combustion inside the engine itself.

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window