where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
tu
R & D
Chian Academy of Railway Sciences, China, Joined Dec 2002, 5

tu

R & D
Chian Academy of Railway Sciences,
China,
Joined Dec 2002
03:41 Jan-13-2004
The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles

Dear sirs ,
I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
Best regards!

Mark McKenna
Engineering
Applied Research Associates, USA, Joined Nov 2001, 1

Mark McKenna

Engineering
Applied Research Associates,
USA,
Joined Nov 2001
00:22 Jan-14-2004
Re: The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles
Dear Sir:

Customers in Korea have been using our ultrasonic equipment to examine railcar wheels. Is this one of your applications? They were using EMATs which are low efficieny transducers and require powerful pulsers. If this is of interest to you, please visit our website www.RitecInc.com

Best Regards,
Mark McKenna

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear sirs ,
: I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: Best regards!
------------ End Original Message ------------

tu
R & D

tu

R & D
China,
Joined Dec 2002
06:37 Jan-18-2004
Dear Sir,

Could you introduce the application of the EMATs in examining the railcar wheel in Korea?

Best regards!

tuzhankuan

Martin Lugg
Consultant,
United Kingdom, Joined Nov 2000, 27

Martin Lugg

Consultant,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2000
01:42 Jan-21-2004
Dear Mr Tu,

Another technique approved for use on axles and wheelsets is ACFM. This is used by Bombardier in the UK for detecting and sizing surface defects, instead of MT.
Bombardier also use ACFM in a depot in Shanghai. If you are interested in this technique, I can send you some information and put you in touch with a contact at Bombardier.

Best Regards,
Martin Lugg
: Dear sirs ,
: I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: Best regards!

tu
R & D

tu

R & D
China,
Joined Dec 2002
07:07 Feb-07-2004
Dear Martin Lugg,

Thanks for your reply.
What is ACFM?Could you explain it ? thank you!

Best regards,
tu

: Dear Mr Tu,
: Another technique approved for use on axles and wheelsets is ACFM. This is used by Bombardier in the UK for detecting and sizing surface defects, instead of MT.
: Bombardier also use ACFM in a depot in Shanghai. If you are interested in this technique, I can send you some information and put you in touch with a contact at Bombardier.
: Best Regards,
: Martin Lugg
: : Dear sirs ,
: : I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: : It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: : Best regards!

Product Spotlight

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window