where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hillger Ing. Büro
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.

Technical Discussions
tu
R & D
Chian Academy of Railway Sciences, China, Joined Dec 2002, 5

tu

R & D
Chian Academy of Railway Sciences,
China,
Joined Dec 2002
03:41 Jan-13-2004
The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles

Dear sirs ,
I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
Best regards!

Mark McKenna
Engineering
Applied Research Associates, USA, Joined Nov 2001, 1

Mark McKenna

Engineering
Applied Research Associates,
USA,
Joined Nov 2001
00:22 Jan-14-2004
Re: The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles
Dear Sir:

Customers in Korea have been using our ultrasonic equipment to examine railcar wheels. Is this one of your applications? They were using EMATs which are low efficieny transducers and require powerful pulsers. If this is of interest to you, please visit our website www.RitecInc.com

Best Regards,
Mark McKenna

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear sirs ,
: I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: Best regards!
------------ End Original Message ------------

tu
R & D

tu

R & D
China,
Joined Dec 2002
06:37 Jan-18-2004
Dear Sir,

Could you introduce the application of the EMATs in examining the railcar wheel in Korea?

Best regards!

tuzhankuan

Martin Lugg
Consultant,
United Kingdom, Joined Nov 2000, 27

Martin Lugg

Consultant,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2000
01:42 Jan-21-2004
Dear Mr Tu,

Another technique approved for use on axles and wheelsets is ACFM. This is used by Bombardier in the UK for detecting and sizing surface defects, instead of MT.
Bombardier also use ACFM in a depot in Shanghai. If you are interested in this technique, I can send you some information and put you in touch with a contact at Bombardier.

Best Regards,
Martin Lugg
: Dear sirs ,
: I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: Best regards!

tu
R & D

tu

R & D
China,
Joined Dec 2002
07:07 Feb-07-2004
Dear Martin Lugg,

Thanks for your reply.
What is ACFM?Could you explain it ? thank you!

Best regards,
tu

: Dear Mr Tu,
: Another technique approved for use on axles and wheelsets is ACFM. This is used by Bombardier in the UK for detecting and sizing surface defects, instead of MT.
: Bombardier also use ACFM in a depot in Shanghai. If you are interested in this technique, I can send you some information and put you in touch with a contact at Bombardier.
: Best Regards,
: Martin Lugg
: : Dear sirs ,
: : I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: : It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: : Best regards!

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window