where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

03:41 Jan-13-2004

tu

R & D
Chian Academy of Railway Sciences,
China,
Joined Dec 2002
The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles

Dear sirs ,
I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
Best regards!

00:22 Jan-14-2004

Mark McKenna

Engineering
Applied Research Associates,
USA,
Joined Nov 2001
Re: The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles Dear Sir:

Customers in Korea have been using our ultrasonic equipment to examine railcar wheels. Is this one of your applications? They were using EMATs which are low efficieny transducers and require powerful pulsers. If this is of interest to you, please visit our website www.RitecInc.com

Best Regards,
Mark McKenna

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear sirs ,
: I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: Best regards!
------------ End Original Message ------------

06:37 Jan-18-2004

tu

R & D
China,
Joined Dec 2002
Re: The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles Dear Sir,

Could you introduce the application of the EMATs in examining the railcar wheel in Korea?

Best regards!

tuzhankuan

01:42 Jan-21-2004

Martin Lugg

Consultant,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 2000
Re: The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles Dear Mr Tu,

Another technique approved for use on axles and wheelsets is ACFM. This is used by Bombardier in the UK for detecting and sizing surface defects, instead of MT.
Bombardier also use ACFM in a depot in Shanghai. If you are interested in this technique, I can send you some information and put you in touch with a contact at Bombardier.

Best Regards,
Martin Lugg
: Dear sirs ,
: I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: Best regards!

07:07 Feb-07-2004

tu

R & D
China,
Joined Dec 2002
Re: The equipment or instrument about MT and UT of rail wheel set and axles Dear Martin Lugg,

Thanks for your reply.
What is ACFM?Could you explain it ? thank you!

Best regards,
tu

: Dear Mr Tu,
: Another technique approved for use on axles and wheelsets is ACFM. This is used by Bombardier in the UK for detecting and sizing surface defects, instead of MT.
: Bombardier also use ACFM in a depot in Shanghai. If you are interested in this technique, I can send you some information and put you in touch with a contact at Bombardier.
: Best Regards,
: Martin Lugg
: : Dear sirs ,
: : I am writing a report guiding the purchase of MT and UT equipment or instrument of rail wheel set and axles for Chinese Ministry of Railway.Now i need some technical information about the MT and UT equipment including the manufactory,price,inspecting principle and sensitivity.
: : It will be very kind if you provid some information or suggestions.
: : Best regards!

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|