where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
UT Thickness Gauging Software
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:08 Jan-31-2004
William Blum
UT Thickness Gauging Software

Can anyone help with the above. I would like to find a program that will talk to any UT thickness gauge.

08:53 Feb-01-2004

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: UT Thickness Gauging Software The majority of UT thickness gauges sold have no computer interface capability. - I can't speak for other manufacturers, but I would guess we sell at least 10 that can't for every one that does - It is not a feature that most people are willing to pay for.

As far as I am aware there are no general purpose programs available, In principle there is no reason why a 'multi-vendor' software package shouldn't be written, the protocols are fairly simple, and I think everyone documents them. but normally when you buy a data-logging thickness gauge you get the necessary software to transfer the data to a standard spreadsheet package such as excel, so I doubt if the market would be large.

Rgds
Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone help with the above. I would like to find a program that will talk to any UT thickness gauge.
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|