where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Erik van der Spek
Erik van der Spek
01:38 Feb-11-2004
Comparison of steel grades

Dear all,

As an employee of a NDT company I'm often confrontated with all kinds of different kinds of material grade numbers (e.g. ASTM, UNS, BS, Euronorm.
I'm still looking for a good overview with a comparison of all these different kinds of numbers.

Is there a webpage containing a comparison for all these different steel names, I found one for stainless steels but not for other steels.

Can anyone help me with this!!

Best regards,
Erik van der Spek

farabirazy
NDT Inspector, Metallurgist
PT. Pupuk Kalimantan Timur, Tbk., Indonesia, Joined Feb 2004, 1

farabirazy

NDT Inspector, Metallurgist
PT. Pupuk Kalimantan Timur, Tbk.,
Indonesia,
Joined Feb 2004
07:28 Feb-17-2004
Re: Comparison of steel grades
There's a good book for the steel comparison standard.
"Stahlschlussel"
published by: Verlag Stahlschlussel Wegst GMBH
Telp: (07144)6039 and 6030

Best regards....

gim
gim
01:51 Feb-17-2004
Re: Comparison of steel grades
Try web site www.mesteel.com

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear all,
: As an employee of a NDT company I'm often confrontated with all kinds of different kinds of material grade numbers (e.g. ASTM, UNS, BS, Euronorm.
: I'm still looking for a good overview with a comparison of all these different kinds of numbers.
: Is there a webpage containing a comparison for all these different steel names, I found one for stainless steels but not for other steels.
: Can anyone help me with this!!
: Best regards,
: Erik van der Spek
------------ End Original Message ------------

iyk amobi
iyk amobi
05:07 Oct-06-2004
Attn: farabirazy
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: There's a good book for the steel comparison standard.
: "Stahlschlussel"
: published by: Verlag Stahlschlussel Wegst GMBH
: Telp: (07144)6039 and 6030
: Best regards....
------------ End Original Message ------------

Please this book by Verlag, does it have an English version? and how can i lay hold of a copy.
Rgds,
iyk

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window