where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NDTSS - Non Destructive Testing Society of Singapore
Visit us at SINCE 2019

Technical Discussions
Phil Harper
Director, Tribosonics
Tribosonics Ltd, United Kingdom, Joined Feb 2004, 9

Phil Harper

Director, Tribosonics
Tribosonics Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Feb 2004
03:16 Feb-17-2004
Piezo crystal centre frequency

Hi,
A rather basic question i fear, but i don't have an answer at the moment.
I have got a piezo-ceramic crystal that is 1mm thick and 16mm diameter. I simply want to work out what the centre frequency of it is?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul A. Meyer
R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 47

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:47 Feb-17-2004
Re: Piezo crystal centre frequency
Hi Phil,
The product of the thickness and the resonant frequency is usually a constant, in this case it is called the thickness frequency constant. PZTs usually have a value around 2000 Hz-m. Dividing this value by the thickness (.001 m) yields the resonant frequency ~ 2 MHz. In you situation, you should identify the material, then obtain the frequency constant from the manufacturer, then perform the above calculation. Because the material can resonate in other directions (other modes), ensure that you ask the manufacturer for the "thickness frequency constant".
Alternatively, you can measure the actual resonance of the piece by plotting its impedance spectrum or inspecting it with an ultrasound instrument, but the calculation is easier.
I hope this helps.
Paul

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: A rather basic question i fear, but i don't have an answer at the moment.
: I have got a piezo-ceramic crystal that is 1mm thick and 16mm diameter. I simply wantto work out what the centre frequency of it is?
: Any ideas?
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

shan
shan
02:03 Jun-20-2005
Fr Vs G
what happens if the value of G (mS) is very low in a transducer?

Product Spotlight

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window