where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IMG ULTRASUONI SRL
Ultrasonic transducers for industrial applications (NDT) and medical (Doppler effect). Probes, Ultrasonic instruments, Special systems for NDT.

Technical Discussions
Ray
Engineering
Penn State, USA, Joined Mar 2004, 1

Ray

Engineering
Penn State,
USA,
Joined Mar 2004
00:22 Mar-09-2004
NDT - Delay Lines

Hi All

I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.

Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
04:11 Mar-13-2004
Re: NDT - Delay Lines
Ray, it's been a long time that I used analog delay lines.
One manufacturer was Belfuse. I suggest doing a Google
search to see which ones are still out there. Another mfg
we used was Kappa.

Nowadays it is all done digitally. Check out the newer
Texas Instruments AD converters.

All the best, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi All
: I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.
: Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
01:59 Mar-13-2004
Re: NDT - Delay Lines
Ray, here is an example of one of the sources a Google
search yields:

http://www.bertech.com/Components/rcd/delaylines.htm

I suggest to stick with passive delay lines and prefer
lower impedances. That makes life easier at 10MHz. Also,
they need to be current driven for summation into a matching
output resistor, that's the usual scenario.

Resist the temptation of using silicon prop delays, it
can result in errors and phase noise.

Regards, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi All
: I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.
: Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window