where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Canadian Institute for NDE
We are specialized in training for Radiography, Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Eddy Current and emerging NDT technologies.

Technical Discussions
Ray
Engineering
Penn State, USA, Joined Mar 2004, 1

Ray

Engineering
Penn State,
USA,
Joined Mar 2004
00:22 Mar-09-2004
NDT - Delay Lines

Hi All

I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.

Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
04:11 Mar-13-2004
Re: NDT - Delay Lines
Ray, it's been a long time that I used analog delay lines.
One manufacturer was Belfuse. I suggest doing a Google
search to see which ones are still out there. Another mfg
we used was Kappa.

Nowadays it is all done digitally. Check out the newer
Texas Instruments AD converters.

All the best, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi All
: I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.
: Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
01:59 Mar-13-2004
Re: NDT - Delay Lines
Ray, here is an example of one of the sources a Google
search yields:

http://www.bertech.com/Components/rcd/delaylines.htm

I suggest to stick with passive delay lines and prefer
lower impedances. That makes life easier at 10MHz. Also,
they need to be current driven for summation into a matching
output resistor, that's the usual scenario.

Resist the temptation of using silicon prop delays, it
can result in errors and phase noise.

Regards, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi All
: I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.
: Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window