where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT - Delay Lines
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:22 Mar-09-2004

Ray

Engineering
Penn State,
USA,
Joined Mar 2004
NDT - Delay Lines

Hi All

I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.

Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands

04:11 Mar-13-2004
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Re: NDT - Delay Lines Ray, it's been a long time that I used analog delay lines.
One manufacturer was Belfuse. I suggest doing a Google
search to see which ones are still out there. Another mfg
we used was Kappa.

Nowadays it is all done digitally. Check out the newer
Texas Instruments AD converters.

All the best, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi All
: I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.
: Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands
------------ End Original Message ------------

01:59 Mar-13-2004
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Re: NDT - Delay Lines Ray, here is an example of one of the sources a Google
search yields:

http://www.bertech.com/Components/rcd/delaylines.htm

I suggest to stick with passive delay lines and prefer
lower impedances. That makes life easier at 10MHz. Also,
they need to be current driven for summation into a matching
output resistor, that's the usual scenario.

Resist the temptation of using silicon prop delays, it
can result in errors and phase noise.

Regards, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi All
: I am a new user to this field and have my first big project. A related quick question: we have 8 channels which we need to mux. All carry ultrasound responses at the same time. We are looking at delay methods so to sample all of them at the same time.
: Any idea on what delay lines to use. We want to use analog delay lines, and want to limit losses. We work at low frequencies (< 10 MHz). Any ideas and brands
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|