where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
JIS Curve
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.

03:02 Mar-09-2004
Cecil
JIS Curve

Does anyone know what the JIS curve is and when you woud use it. The Epoch 4 has 3 different DAC options, ASME, ASME3, and JIS. I have never heard of the JIS curve and dont know where it would apply.

Anyone else know?

Cecil

04:17 Mar-09-2004
Ramsrikanth
Re: JIS Curve JIS has to do with Japanese standards Association

You will have to deal only when you are to inspect to those standards.

You might find more info at http://www.jsa.or.jp/default_english.asp.

ramsrikanth

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone know what the JIS curve is and when you woud use it. The Epoch 4 has 3 different DAC options, ASME, ASME3, and JIS. I have never heard of the JIS curve and dont know where it would apply.
: Anyone else know?
:
: Cecil
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:22 Mar-12-2004
Jerry Sooter
Re: JIS Curve JIS curve has curves at the following levels:
+6dB, 0dB, -6dB, -12dB.

In Staveley equipment, we include 3 curve (+6dB, 0dB, -6dB), 4 curve (+6dB, 0dB, -6dB, -14dB), and JIS (+6dB, 0dB, -6dB, -12dB).

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone know what the JIS curve is and when you woud use it. The Epoch 4 has 3 different DAC options, ASME, ASME3, and JIS. I have never heard of the JIS curve and dont know where it would apply.
: Anyone else know?
:
: Cecil
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|