where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc.
Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc. specializes in the design of small portable AE instruments for field and lab use.

Technical Discussions
ndt1
ndt1
05:11 Mar-09-2004
Film Speeds

What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .

I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.

I think this guide could help everyone.

Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.

Thanks in advance guys!

rt.film@sympatico.ca

jeanne
Teacher
The Ocean Corp., USA, Joined May 2004, 2

jeanne

Teacher
The Ocean Corp.,
USA,
Joined May 2004
07:16 Mar-19-2004
Re: Film Speeds
---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
-------- Start Original Message -----------
: What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
:
: I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
:
: I think this guide could help everyone.
: Include any type and brand of film youlike and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
:
: Thanks in advance guys!
:
: rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

TU PHAM ANH
TU PHAM ANH
04:29 Jan-22-2005
Re: Film Speeds
Dear sir,

I've just being contacted with RT for 4 months. I'm colecting the system of film datas and factor of them in defferent film manufactorers.

I'm looking forward to receiving your respond!

Start Original Message -----------
: ---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
: -------- Start Original Message -----------
: : What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
: :
: : I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
: : I think this guide could help everyone.
: : Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
: : Thanks in advance guys!
: : rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window