where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
ndt1
ndt1
05:11 Mar-09-2004
Film Speeds

What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .

I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.

I think this guide could help everyone.

Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.

Thanks in advance guys!

rt.film@sympatico.ca

jeanne
Teacher
The Ocean Corp., USA, Joined May 2004, 2

jeanne

Teacher
The Ocean Corp.,
USA,
Joined May 2004
07:16 Mar-19-2004
Re: Film Speeds
---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
-------- Start Original Message -----------
: What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
:
: I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
:
: I think this guide could help everyone.
: Include any type and brand of film youlike and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
:
: Thanks in advance guys!
:
: rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

TU PHAM ANH
TU PHAM ANH
04:29 Jan-22-2005
Re: Film Speeds
Dear sir,

I've just being contacted with RT for 4 months. I'm colecting the system of film datas and factor of them in defferent film manufactorers.

I'm looking forward to receiving your respond!

Start Original Message -----------
: ---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
: -------- Start Original Message -----------
: : What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
: :
: : I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
: : I think this guide could help everyone.
: : Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
: : Thanks in advance guys!
: : rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high perf
ormance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s