where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
ndt1
ndt1
05:11 Mar-09-2004
Film Speeds

What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .

I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.

I think this guide could help everyone.

Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.

Thanks in advance guys!

rt.film@sympatico.ca

jeanne
Teacher
The Ocean Corp., USA, Joined May 2004, 2

jeanne

Teacher
The Ocean Corp.,
USA,
Joined May 2004
07:16 Mar-19-2004
Re: Film Speeds
---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
-------- Start Original Message -----------
: What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
:
: I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
:
: I think this guide could help everyone.
: Include any type and brand of film youlike and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
:
: Thanks in advance guys!
:
: rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

TU PHAM ANH
TU PHAM ANH
04:29 Jan-22-2005
Re: Film Speeds
Dear sir,

I've just being contacted with RT for 4 months. I'm colecting the system of film datas and factor of them in defferent film manufactorers.

I'm looking forward to receiving your respond!

Start Original Message -----------
: ---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
: -------- Start Original Message -----------
: : What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
: :
: : I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
: : I think this guide could help everyone.
: : Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
: : Thanks in advance guys!
: : rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window