where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Film Speeds
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

EXTENDE
EXTENDE, optimize your NDT inspections projects thanks to simulation.

05:11 Mar-09-2004
ndt1
Film Speeds

What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .

I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.

I think this guide could help everyone.

Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.

Thanks in advance guys!

rt.film@sympatico.ca

07:16 Mar-19-2004

jeanne

Teacher
The Ocean Corp.,
USA,
Joined May 2004
Re: Film Speeds ---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
-------- Start Original Message -----------
: What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
:
: I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
:
: I think this guide could help everyone.
: Include any type and brand of film youlike and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
:
: Thanks in advance guys!
:
: rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

04:29 Jan-22-2005
TU PHAM ANH
Re: Film Speeds Dear sir,

I've just being contacted with RT for 4 months. I'm colecting the system of film datas and factor of them in defferent film manufactorers.

I'm looking forward to receiving your respond!

Start Original Message -----------
: ---I've worked in RT for over 25 years and find that what works for me with Iridium Agfa D4 I use 4.5R, Agfa D7 I use 1.8 and Agfa D5 I use 3. With Kodak M I use 5.3R, T = 3 and AA = 1.8. It usually works well for me with manual processing
: -------- Start Original Message -----------
: : What film speeds does everyone usually use for iridium, cobalt and for x-ray. (ie; Kodak AA 1.8, Kodak T 2.5 , both when using Iridium). I would like to hear from as many people as possible and I will compile the results and post them here afterwards. You can email me at rt.film@sympatico.ca .
: :
: : I think it would good idea if there was a guide for film speed selection based on actual indistry use and practice. So I would like to hear from the radiographers who actually use these numbers. I find the film speeds on the charts provided with the exposure calculators are not always what works best in the field.
: : I think this guide could help everyone.
: : Include any type and brand of film you like and say whether it is manual or automatic processing.
: : Thanks in advance guys!
: : rt.film@sympatico.ca
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|