where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GRANPECT COMPANY Ltd
GRANPECT bends to the industrialization of high-tech research achievements and specializes in research and development of various X-ray radiation imag ...
Technical Discussions
Akshay Singh
Akshay Singh
08:51 Mar-17-2004
transmissibiltiy

Hello:

I am trying to monitor transfer of low level signals through 2by4s (wood used for construction). It is well established that the signals travel pretty well along the grain of the length of the 2by4s. However the problem occurs when you arey trying to detected the signal across joints of 2by4.

My question is how can I improve the signal transfer through joints of the 2by4s. Does anybody have an insight?

Thanks
Akshay

John Rodgers
John Rodgers
02:24 Mar-17-2004
Re: transmissibiltiy
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello:
: I am trying to monitor transfer of low level signals through 2by4s (wood used for construction). It is well established that the signals travel pretty well along the grain of the length of the 2by4s. However the problem occurs when you arey trying to detected the signal across joints of 2by4.
: My question is how can I improve the signal transfer through joints of the 2by4s. Does anybody have an insight?
: Thanks
: Akshay
------------ End Original Message ------------

Are you trying to propagate low frequency sound waves, or in the ultrasonic frequencies? Intimate contact is one of the prerequisites. Lower frequencies will also propagate better. Adhesive bonding or nailed joints will also propagate better. The nails will act as waveguides to couple sound from one piece of wood to the other. Are you passively listening or actively pulsing?

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Webinar: A better way to inspect for surface and sub-surface cracking

Zetec to host webinar November 7 on a better way to inspect for surface and sub-surface cracking. In
this webinar, we will introduce a better method that offers industry-leading portability and flexibility, while delivering exceptional flaw detection. The webinar will review and demonstrate how this solution can be applied across numerous inspection applications. Register today!
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window