where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
How to measure wall thickness of the underground pipe?
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:17 Mar-26-2004
Wantoknow
How to measure wall thickness of the underground pipe?

Hi, folks,

How to measure the wall thickness of the underground non-piggable pipelines? Any instruments or companies? Thanks.

Wantoknow

00:41 Mar-31-2004

Rolf Spoerkel

Engineering,
Halfwave,
Norway,
Joined May 2003
Re: How to measure wall thickness of the underground pipe? ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, folks,
: How to measure the wall thickness of the underground non-piggable pipelines? Any instruments or companies? Thanks.
: Wantoknow
------------ End Original Message ------------

AGR Pipetech has several dimensions of tethered ultrasonic scanners. These are pulled by a self propelling motorized pig. Check www.agr.no

knows :)

04:04 Apr-01-2004
R. van Agthoven
Re: How to measure wall thickness of the underground pipe? ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: How to measure the wall thickness of the underground non-piggable pipelines? Any instruments or companies? Thanks.
Dear Mr. Wantoknow,

Please contact me to learn all about our unique range of tools to inspect "unpiggable" pipelines.
R. van Agthoven, RTD The Netherlands

09:21 Apr-05-2004

Gary

Consultant
TWI,
United Kingdom,
Joined May 2001
Re: How to measure wall thickness of the underground pipe? What access is there to the outside of this pipe.

Gary

----------- Start Original Message -----------

07:52 Oct-12-2004
Ricardo Almandoz
Re: How to measure wall thickness and quality of underwater (gas) unpiggable pipe? ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Hi, folks,
: : How to measure the wall thickness of the underground non-piggable pipelines? Any instruments or companies? Thanks.
: : Wantoknow
: Dear Mr. Wantoknow,
: Please contact me to learn all about our unique range of tools to inspect "unpiggable" pipelines.
: R. van Agthoven, RTD The Netherlands
Dear Mr. Agthoven,
I've changed the title of this conversation to be more specific to determine methods of testing the internal and external of underwater (sea) gas pipelines. these are termed "unpiggable" not due to the nature of the piping network, but due to external conditions not allowing the use of a pigg together with its launcher and receiver.
Awaiting your response,
Ricardo Almandoz

02:57 Oct-13-2004
Jan Pols
Re: How to measure wall thickness and quality of underwater (gas) unpiggable pipe? Hi Mr. Wantoknow,

Mr. van Agthoven is on holiday at this moment. We have unique tools which are specifically designed to inspect underwater/unpiggable pipelines. Most of our tools use crawlers to move through the pipeline and performing ultrasonic wallthickness measurements while travelling. Because we use crawlers we do not require any launch/receive facilities on either end of the pipeline. Please contact me on my email address and I will send you additional information. Regards, Jan Pols

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : : Hi, folks,
: : : How to measure the wall thickness of the underground non-piggable pipelines? Any instruments or companies? Thanks.
: : : Wantoknow
: : Dear Mr. Wantoknow,
: : Please contact me to learn all about our unique range of tools to inspect "unpiggable" pipelines.
: : R. van Agthoven, RTD The Netherlands
: Dear Mr. Agthoven,
: I've changed the title of this conversation to be more specific to determine methods of testing the internal and external of underwater (sea) gas pipelines. these are termed "unpiggable" not due to the nature of the piping network, but due to external conditions not allowing the use of a pigg together with its launcher and receiver.
: Awaiting your response,
: Ricardo Almandoz

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|