where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
danie jordache
danie jordache
07:14 Apr-02-2004
lamination evaluation

hi

i am looking to find out how you be can evaluate a lamination area(spot laminations with variable depthes-fm. 3 to 7.5 -area size 300 x 600 mm starting fm. weld ) in a gas pipe line 16" -sch. 40 /700psi-30years old.
at ut the wall thickkness into that area shown echoes at 3 -5-7 mm and we seldom i found the 13-12.5
most of peaple said that is without inportance, but....
i want to know other opinions

thanks

Ed T.
Ed T.
08:49 Apr-02-2004
Re: lamination evaluation
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: hi
: i am looking to find out how you be can evaluate a lamination area(spot laminations with variable depthes-fm. 3 to 7.5 -area size 300 x 600 mm starting fm. weld ) in a gas pipe line 16" -sch. 40 /700psi-30years old.
: at ut the wall thickkness into that area shown echoes at 3 -5-7 mm and we seldom i found the 13-12.5
: most of peaple said that is without inportance, but....
: i want to know other opinions
: thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

TOFD

Product Spotlight

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window