where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

Technical Discussions
danie jordache
danie jordache
07:14 Apr-02-2004
lamination evaluation

hi

i am looking to find out how you be can evaluate a lamination area(spot laminations with variable depthes-fm. 3 to 7.5 -area size 300 x 600 mm starting fm. weld ) in a gas pipe line 16" -sch. 40 /700psi-30years old.
at ut the wall thickkness into that area shown echoes at 3 -5-7 mm and we seldom i found the 13-12.5
most of peaple said that is without inportance, but....
i want to know other opinions

thanks

Ed T.
Ed T.
08:49 Apr-02-2004
Re: lamination evaluation
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: hi
: i am looking to find out how you be can evaluate a lamination area(spot laminations with variable depthes-fm. 3 to 7.5 -area size 300 x 600 mm starting fm. weld ) in a gas pipe line 16" -sch. 40 /700psi-30years old.
: at ut the wall thickkness into that area shown echoes at 3 -5-7 mm and we seldom i found the 13-12.5
: most of peaple said that is without inportance, but....
: i want to know other opinions
: thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

TOFD

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s