where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Film Class Requirements
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:57 Apr-13-2004
Scott
Film Class Requirements

Is anyone aware if any of the ASME or ANSI codes specify what class of film is required to be used when radiographing welds. (ie; Kodak T class 1 whereas Kodak AA is class 2).

In my opinion as long as the film can meet the required sensitivity then the film is ok to use regardless of the class.

I know some customers request Class 1 film be used in many cases because its written in the client spec. but if it is not specified can you use Class 2 if it meets sensitivity requirements?

Any thoughts!

00:17 Apr-15-2004
Bud
Re: Film Class Requirements ASME Article 2 states that any class is acceptable, but the film must be classed in accordance with Article 22, SE-1815. I think the defining factor is the ability to meet the required sensitivity per Section 2. Other code sections and other codes may have differing requirements.

--------- Start Original Message -----------
: Is anyone aware if any of the ASME or ANSI codes specify what class of film is required to be used when radiographing welds. (ie; Kodak T class 1 whereas Kodak AA is class 2).
: In my opinion as long as the film can meet the required sensitivity then the film is ok to use regardless of the class.
: I know some customers request Class 1 film be used in many cases because its written in the client spec. but if it is not specified can you use Class 2 if it meets sensitivity requirements?
: Any thoughts!
:
: Back to top
:
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|