where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Scott
Scott
01:57 Apr-13-2004
Film Class Requirements

Is anyone aware if any of the ASME or ANSI codes specify what class of film is required to be used when radiographing welds. (ie; Kodak T class 1 whereas Kodak AA is class 2).

In my opinion as long as the film can meet the required sensitivity then the film is ok to use regardless of the class.

I know some customers request Class 1 film be used in many cases because its written in the client spec. but if it is not specified can you use Class 2 if it meets sensitivity requirements?

Any thoughts!

Bud
Bud
00:17 Apr-15-2004
Re: Film Class Requirements
ASME Article 2 states that any class is acceptable, but the film must be classed in accordance with Article 22, SE-1815. I think the defining factor is the ability to meet the required sensitivity per Section 2. Other code sections and other codes may have differing requirements.

--------- Start Original Message -----------
: Is anyone aware if any of the ASME or ANSI codes specify what class of film is required to be used when radiographing welds. (ie; Kodak T class 1 whereas Kodak AA is class 2).
: In my opinion as long as the film can meet the required sensitivity then the film is ok to use regardless of the class.
: I know some customers request Class 1 film be used in many cases because its written in the client spec. but if it is not specified can you use Class 2 if it meets sensitivity requirements?
: Any thoughts!
:
: Back to top
:
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Echomac® PA Tube Weld Tester

The new robotic Echomac® PA TW is an operator friendly test system for detecting weld zone defects
in tube and pipe caused by scarfing or welding processes. Electronic scanning ensures that the entire weld zone is covered without the need for mechanical movement or operator adjustment.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

On Demand Webinar: Improve the Efficiency and Accuracy of Inspection Scanning

On-demand webinar on scanning technology that helps improve the efficiency and accuracy of ultrasoni
c inspections in oil and gas, aerospace, manufacturing and other industrial applications. The webinar features a scanning solution for multiple inspection environments, including flat and curved specimens, magnetic and nonmagnetic surfaces and raster scanning over long distances. View it today.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window