where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
N.Kuppusamy
Consultant, NDT Level-III Engineer
Advanced Inspection & Testing (S) Pte Ltd, Singapore, Joined Dec 2003, 34

N.Kuppusamy

Consultant, NDT Level-III Engineer
Advanced Inspection & Testing (S) Pte Ltd,
Singapore,
Joined Dec 2003
09:32 Apr-25-2004
Production of identical cracks

Hi Friends,

Is there any established modern technology to produce a natural crack of exact width, length, depth and identical crack surface profile. What is the latest trend in this area?

I am interested to konw this in order to establish measurement of uncertainty for NDT methods. Any company producing these on commercial basis? I am interested to buy some identically cracked test pieces to use for my study.

Regards,

N.Kuppusamy

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
01:07 Apr-26-2004
Re: Production of identical cracks
NDT-CGI reps Flawtech flaw samples. You can visit them at www.flawtech.com. They provide samples to all industries.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi Friends,
: Is there any established modern technology to produce a natural crack of exact width, length, depth and identical crack surface profile. What is the latest trend in this area?
: I am interested to konw this in order to establish measurement of uncertainty for NDT methods. Any company producing these on commercial basis? I am interested to buy some identically cracked test pieces to use for my study.
: Regards,
: N.Kuppusamy
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
05:09 Apr-26-2004
Sonaspection (www.sonaspection.com) have very good technology for producing and embedding natural cracks.

Their repeatability is pretty good, certainly there are other companies that have since used similar methods, but they have the best reputation.

However, natural cracks can never be as reproducable as artificial defects - cracking is never a precise process. If you need several 'exactly identical' test pieces you have to used machined flaws. If you want 'natural cracks' you have to accept some variation.

Joe

: Is there any established modern technology to produce a natural crack of exact width, length, depth and identical crack surface profile. What is the latest trend in this area?
: I am interested to konw this in order to establish measurement of uncertainty for NDT methods. Any company producing these on commercial basis? I am interested to buy some identically cracked test pieces to use for my study.

Martin Peacock
Martin Peacock
05:20 Apr-26-2004
We at Sonaspection International Limited have been manufacturing cracks of a known size in NDE training and certification specimens for over 20 years. Please visit our website www.sonaspection.com

: NDT-CGI reps Flawtech flaw samples. You can visit them at www.flawtech.com. They provide samples to all industries.
: : Hi Friends,
: : Is there any established modern technology to produce a natural crack of exact width, length, depth and identical crack surface profile. What is the latest trend in this area?
: : I am interested to konw this in order to establish measurement of uncertainty for NDT methods. Any company producing these on commercial basis? I am interested to buy some identically cracked test pieces to use for my study.
: : Regards,
: : N.Kuppusamy

Aaron Pherigo
Aaron Pherigo
09:43 Apr-27-2004
Mr. Kuppusamy,

FlawTech has been providing high quality, repeatable flaws for many years. We'd like to have an opportunity to discuss your project. Visit our website at www.flawtech.com or call (704) 455-1322.

Aaron Pherigo

Mika Kemppainen
Mika Kemppainen
00:15 May-18-2004
Dear N.Kuppusamy,

One of the latest development in this field is the Trueflaw technique. With this technique realistic artificial flaws are produced in situ, practically to all size, shape and weight of components. With this technique only the intended flaw is produced without causing any additional disturbancies in the component. Please, visit our homepage (www.trueflaw.com) or contact directly for more information.
Best regards,
Mika Kemppainen

bontril
bontril
09:54 May-01-2006
bontril

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window