where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Authorized Inspector
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

VOGT Ultrasonics GmbH
non-destructive testing, services, training, ultrasonic systems, immersion and squirter inspection systems, PROline, digital radiology

05:19 May-16-2004

NAT

Engineering, Chief Examiner -NDT Manager
SGS EGYPT,
Singapore,
Joined Jan 2002
Authorized Inspector

Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.

05:16 May-17-2004
vernon ward
Re: Authorized Inspector ----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com

He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.

09:21 May-30-2004

NAT

Engineering, Chief Examiner -NDT Manager
SGS EGYPT,
Singapore,
Joined Jan 2002
: :
: : Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
: Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com
: He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.

Thank you for the information

03:18 Jun-08-2004

llpcode

NDT Inspector
Shaw Group,
USA,
Joined Jan 2004
: : :
: : : Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
: : Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com
: : He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.
: Thank you for the information

Actually, an ASME Authorized Inspector is different than an Inspector certified under API provisions.

You would need to be in the employment of an ASME Authorized Inspection Agency or a Juridiction to be able to take the NAtional Board examination.

Better to contact the National Board at 614-888-8320 and get clear information.

06:20 Jun-14-2004
NAT
: : : :
: : : : Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
: : : Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com
: : : He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.
: : Thank you for the information
: Actually, an ASME Authorized Inspector is different than an Inspector certified under API provisions.
: You would need to be in the employment of an ASME Authorized Inspection Agency or a Juridiction to be able to take the NAtional Board examination.
: Better to contact the National Board at 614-888-8320 and get clear information.
Gentle men
Thanks for the info, NB did confirm that only AIA,Juridiction, user/owner can apply for examination.
Any AIAs interested in a volunteer who want to become an AI ?

02:45 Jun-14-2005
Omar Kiptui
: : : :
: : : : Can the forum members guide me how to apply for AI certification , OUTSIDE USA.
: : : Contact John O'Brien at obirc@aol.com
: : : He holds very informative training courses on API 510, API 653 and API 570 outside the USA. He can tell you all you need to know.
: : Thank you for the information
: Actually, an ASME Authorized Inspector is different than an Inspector certified under API provisions.
: You would need to be in the employment of an ASME Authorized Inspection Agency or a Juridiction to be able to take the NAtional Board examination.
: Better to contact the National Board at 614-888-8320 and get clear information.

You do not need to be in the employ of anyone to take the National Board Commission test. I just took it and passed, and have no job right now. You have to be in the employ of an AIA to get a commission, but you have 3 years after passing the testto do that.

08:00 Aug-20-2012
murugesan
Re: Authorized Inspector In Reply to Omar Kiptui at 02:45 Jun-14-2005 .

Sir

I just read your forum message that you took AI exam without being employed by an AIA or jurisdiction.

Did you find it easier to get a job after securing passing grade in AI exam.

I am also planning to take up the AI exam, but i am not employed by AIA or jurisdiction.

Please provide your input about how to prepare for the exam.

17:59 Aug-20-2012

Danfer De la Cruz

Engineering
Peru,
Joined Jun 2009
Re: Authorized Inspector In Reply to murugesan at 08:00 Aug-20-2012 .

Dear Sir.

I´m AI-ASME, API510, API653 and CWI.
You shall be attending 15 days a course in columbus-ohio before of test.
You shall be studing ASME seccion VIII, IX, I, IV , V, B31.1 and National Board.
Good Luck

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|