where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Determining isolation houses
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.

00:21 Mar-02-1999
Daphnee Chouchena
Determining isolation houses

I'm looking for different NDT methods to determine the isolation value of houses (mainly brick and concrete walls).

When using Thermografy, does anyone know about the application and modelling the results to determine the isolation value?

Would it be possible to use Ultrasonic measurements, radar, laser or X-ray to determine:
- has isolation material been applied (gap characterisation?
- what is the thickness of the applied material?

I'd be very gratefull if someone could help me out.
Thanks very much.

I anybode

09:50 Mar-02-1999

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Determining isolation houses : I'm looking for different NDT methods to determine the isolation value of houses (mainly brick and concrete walls).

: When using Thermografy, does anyone know about the application and modelling the results to determine the isolation value?

: Would it be possible to use Ultrasonic measurements, radar, laser or X-ray to determine:
: - has isolation material been applied (gap characterisation?
: - what is the thickness of the applied material?

: I'd be very gratefull if someone could help me out.
: Thanks very much.

:

: I anybode
----------------------

Daphnee,

It may be difficult to get results for your application with use of ultrasonics. If at all it can be compared with ultrasonic testing of composites which offer similar difficult conditions. The wall with its isolation gape can be seen as a complex composite material. Characterization of composites can be done with ultrasonics and in particularly for your application low frequency airborne/air-coupled ultrasound may giveresults. On NDTnet we have literature and instruments in the exhibition of this field, e.g. QMI or NDTSystems offering air-coupled equipment. Through transmission technique is commonly used but may not be suitable for this application.

We have some experts of NDT in infrastructure on this forum - they may have an opinion?

Rolf
the requirements of your application are similiar to those of testing of composites with ultr

00:09 Mar-02-1999

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Determining isolation houses : I'm looking for different NDT methods to determine the isolation value of houses (mainly brick and concrete walls).

: When using Thermografy, does anyone know about the application and modelling the results to determine the isolation value?

: Would it be possible to use Ultrasonic measurements, radar, laser or X-ray to determine:

:

-----------------------

Daphnee,
It may be difficult to get results for your application with use of ultrasonics. If at all it can be compared with ultrasonic testing of composites which offer similar difficult conditions. The wall with its isolation gape can be seen as a complex composite material. Characterization of composites can be done with ultrasonics and in particularly for your application low frequency airborne/air-coupled ultrasound may give results. On NDTnet we have literature and instruments in the exhibition of this field, e.g. QMI or NDTSystems offering air-coupled equipment. Through transmission technique is commonly used but may not be suitable for this application.

We have some experts of NDT in infrastructure on this forum - they may have an opinion?

Rolf

00:44 Sep-20-2000
PEDRO MARTIN DELGADO

:

00:52 Sep-20-2000
PEDRO MARTIN DELGADO
Re: Determining isolation houses : : I'm looking for different NDT methods to determine the isolation value of houses (mainly brick and concrete walls).

: : When using Thermografy, does anyone know about the application and modelling the results to determine the isolation value?

: : Would it be possible to use Ultrasonic measurements, radar, laser or X-ray to determine:
: : - has isolation material been applied (gap characterisation?
: : - what is the thickness of the applied material?

: : I'd be very gratefull if someone could help me out.
: : Thanks very much.

: :

: : I anybode

I,m looking for the same information, if some body knows something about it i´ll be please to talk with

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|