where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
ASHWANI KUMAR
Engineering,
MIDHANI, Hyderabad, India, Joined Jun 2015, 96

ASHWANI KUMAR

Engineering,
MIDHANI, Hyderabad,
India,
Joined Jun 2015
07:02 Jun-23-2017
NDT CERTIFICATES

Dear sirs,

I fail to understand that how a person can qualify for level III in number of NDT fields?

I am graduate in METALLURGY from IIT KHARAGPUR & working in UT and RT from many years, but it was difficult for me also to clear LEVEL III in UT and RT. I shudder to reappear in those examinations and allowed my certificate to lapse after 5 years.

My personnel opinion is that most of NDT certificates are fake, and all these NDT certifications are money spinner.

I was searching that how many medical,engineering certificates are recertified ? I found none.

Regards

ashwani kumar

John
John
08:56 Jun-24-2017
Re: NDT CERTIFICATES
In Reply to ASHWANI KUMAR at 07:02 Jun-23-2017 (Opening).

Nothing is free in this world.....

Certification body wants to make money which in turn utilized for making NDT community safer by investing on standard development.

If you have a practical knowledge and worked on field then passing Level III is not a big game......

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 897

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
23:12 Jun-25-2017

Kamari,

I totally agree with you. Many NDT certificates are fake. But I have to add that it depends on the country in which they were issued. If you're talking about SNT-TC 1A which is company controlled, it speak for itself. Not everyone is honest and shows integrity. When you talk about national certification, it can be possible depending on the level of corruption in that country, but looking at Europe and North America, I doubt very much that they are fake.

If you can't succeed, maybe you failed to prepare properly and in case of recertification, maybe you didn't keep up with the new technologie and development in your field. If you are a metallurgist as you state and that you have obtained your Degree honestly, I fail to understand how you can't recertify in UT and RT. Or is your Metallurgy Degree fake as well?

michael
NDT Inspector,
United Kingdom, Joined Sep 2013, 13

michael

NDT Inspector,
United Kingdom,
Joined Sep 2013
09:30 Jun-26-2017

http://www.bindt.org/Certification/pcn-news/

Check out this link!

I agree there are fake tickets out there but not from anybody I have been working with who are British or Dutch.

India is destroying PCN and all I see is people with zero experience sitting API exams from India and gaining certification.

Yes, it is a bit of a money spinner but that's life.

If you feel that somebody is not competent to do the job that you are associated with then report them by all means. As long as you can substaniate your claims. I would rather you took the action.

Shashank VAGAL
India, Joined Jun 2014, 73

Shashank VAGAL

India,
Joined Jun 2014
15:07 Jun-27-2017
In Reply to michael at 09:30 Jun-26-2017 .

Then take them to court for following wrong training and certification methodology. Show some guts. But you can not throw mud on all certificate holder only from India. You have your share in Oceaneering, just to quote one example.

Shashank VAGAL

Shashank VAGAL

India,
Joined Jun 2014
15:24 Jun-27-2017
In Reply to michael at 09:30 Jun-26-2017 .

I SEEM NOT TO BE ABLE TO REPLY EACH OF THE FOLLOWING GENTS. Hence the following route.
Michel Couture
NDT Inspector, consultant, Canada,
Languages: French, English, German (kleine). It is Nur Wenig, not kleien or zehr kleine.
I have worked in Canada and know how it is there, not much different at all. Not every one is Lord Jesus.
When you talk about national certification, it can be possible depending on the level of corruption in that country... and what about the other parties from other so called developed and cultured countries,who are extending their hand to receive the clap? Are they not equally corrupt? Come on, come off your high horse.

michael
NDT Inspector,
United Kingdom,

Would you care to check some of the British NDT companies holding PCN and like certs?

Don't piss me off more by calling India alone a black kettle. Because I know.

Mike
NDT Inspector,
United Kingdom, Joined Sep 2013, 13

Mike

NDT Inspector,
United Kingdom,
Joined Sep 2013
15:55 Jun-27-2017
In Reply to Shashank VAGAL at 15:24 Jun-27-2017 .

Shashank,

It's India in the spotlight at the moment. Never had any issues with UK tech's in UK. There will be bad tech's but happier to work with people who have had training from an institute that has not had to be struck off and 8000 tech's to be 're examined. It's not fair on the individuals who went honestly for training and exam.

If you read the link which I am sure you have then it explains why all these tech's should retest.

So everywhere is equally corrupt? I hope you reported all this corruption that is in developed countries if you have seen this.

Shashank VAGAL

Shashank VAGAL

India,
Joined Jun 2014
17:00 Jun-27-2017
In Reply to Mike at 15:55 Jun-27-2017 .

Are we not mistaken here? Or being soft cornered towards BINDT? If anything, it is BINDT's credibility at stake. nothing else. Period. A bogus Indian company approved by BINDT obviously by accepting bribe or promise of "any how"business in exchange for appointing them as AQT / AQB or whatever is the crux of the matter. To work as an intermediate player to collect money for them! Is it so difficult to understand? . By no stretch of imagination, any one can keep BINDT out of it. In legal terms, they are co-accused. The law is same for all, or is it new to you? And from so many others' posts, it is happening in Malaysia, Singapore, Middle East and God know where else. With the blessing of BINDT, of course.. In UK, I am sure you have your own share, too.I have experienced it with some Oceaneering guys who came to work in the Middle East and Nigeria. If I am allowed to say it here, India, a highly cultured and rich country was systematically turned in to a sorry state of present conditions by systematic conspiracy of the exploiting inferior rulers. See what Macaulay said in 17th or 18th centutry. It was so easy for them because of the rot they could easily spread out to unsuspecting Indian masses.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 897

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
17:54 Jun-27-2017
In Reply to Shashank VAGAL at 17:00 Jun-27-2017 .

Mr. Vagal,

I would like to point out that it is not the Indien people I don't like. I have worked with some of them in Canada and they were very knowledgeable person and good workers. What I can't wrap my head around is (and there are many here) Indian persons who come here, calling themselves Engineers, Level 3 technicians, etc., asking questions that Level 1 and even students can answer in other country. I'm not saying there are no corruption in other country, even in Canada; specially when talking about the SNT-TC 1A, but with CGSB or ACCP, I doubt very much.

I closing, it's not for us to clean your country, it's for you and people like you want to change the reputation we have of your technicians.

Product Spotlight

Research and Application Development For NDT

Acuren’s Research and Application Development specializes in the development of advanced ultraso
nic inspection techniques and systems for challenging inspection applications, with an emphasis on practical solutions which are field deployable. Services include manual and automated ultrasonic inspection system development, inspection technique optimization using laboratory scale studies and ultrasonic modeling (CIVA, BeamTool), preparing technical justification for technique evaluation and qualification (Probability of Detection and sizing accuracy studies), inspection/calibration/analysis procedure preparation to support field deployment of custom techniques, and development of custom imaging algorithms to support challenging inspection applications.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

MANTIS

MANTIS is a compact, powerful and affordable flaw detector (16:64PR), dedicated to field operators
. This portable equipment offers standard (electronic-, sector-, compound scan, conventional UT for pulse-echo, dual array and TOFD inspections), and advanced phased-array (real-time TFM -Total Focusing Method). MANTIS benefits from the same intuitive and user-friendly interface (CAPTURE) than Gekko for easier inspections.
>

Extended Range Variable Wall® Piping Calibration Blocks for Longseam Inspection

This set of two blocks has been specially designed for situations where ultrasonic examination tak
es place circumferentially or “around the curve” for applications such as inspection of longseam welds in piping and vessels. Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the blocks feature side-drilled hole reflectors positioned within novel compound-curves, each with multiple thickness steps. The unique design results in a light and compact form factor, with the largest block weighing just over 15 lbs and spanning just 16 ¾”. Coverage is provided for nominal pipe sizes from 6” to 10” in the small block and 12” to a whopping 56” in the large block. The compound OD curves and multiple wall thicknesses actually exceed ASME requirements, providing exceptional signal response and measurement accuracy. Properly managing beam divergence off the ID and stabilizing beam skew due to probe rocking is essential to maintaining a consistent calibration when inspecting lengthwise on curved surfaces.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window