where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Graham Stephen
Graham Stephen
06:10 Mar-09-1999
Passive UT of steel

My group is involved with developing techniologies for process
monitoring, in particular, for product quality. I am looking
for information and/or references to materials that discuss methods
to calculate UT signals that can be expected from stressing steel
in tensile or compressive tests. Ideally, this would be a passive
technique, however, pulse-echo could also be used. Any assitance
in this regard would be appreciated.

Godfrey Hands
Engineering,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 286

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
06:33 Mar-09-1999
Re: Passive UT of steel
: My group is involved with developing techniologies for process
: monitoring, in particular, for product quality. I am looking
: for information and/or references to materials that discuss methods
: to calculate UT signals that can be expected from stressing steel
: in tensile or compressive tests. Ideally, this would be a passive
: technique, however, pulse-echo could also be used. Any assitance
: in this regard would be appreciated.

Resonant Ultrasound Inspection has shown that resonances are affected by stresses within components. This means that if we can measure the eigen frequencies of a structure or component whilst unstressed, then stress it, we will see a difference in some of the resonances.
By calibrating with such a technology, we should be able to "measure" these stresses.
Please contact me if you think this approach could provide a solution to your application.

Michael H. Dalichow
Michael H. Dalichow
07:12 Mar-09-1999
The fraunhofer-Institute Nondestructive Testing has developed Process Integrated Nondestructive Techniques (PINT)to measure and/or monitor residual or inherent stress. For further information please contact Dr. Werner Theiner at theiner@izfp.fhg.de.

Michael H. Dalichow
Michael H. Dalichow
07:13 Mar-09-1999
The Fraunhofer-Institute Nondestructive Testing (IZFP)has developed Process Integrated Nondestructive Techniques (PINT)to measure and/or monitor residual or inherent stress. For further information please contact Dr. Werner Theiner at theiner@izfp.fhg.de.

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

NozzleScan: Radial nozzle scanner with probe skew

NozzleScan is a versatile manual scanning solution developed for the inspection of nozzle welds in
both set-through and set-on configurations. Available in both two-axis and three-axis instrument configurations and adaptable to cover a wide range of 90-degree nozzle sizes, from 3" upwards, on ferritic and austenitic materials.The transducer skew axis can also be adjusted, encoded and locked.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s