where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Passive UT of steel
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Tecnatom
Tecnatom has more than 50 years of experience providing services, equipment and systems devoted to NDT testing in several sectors and markets.

06:10 Mar-09-1999
Graham Stephen
Passive UT of steel

My group is involved with developing techniologies for process
monitoring, in particular, for product quality. I am looking
for information and/or references to materials that discuss methods
to calculate UT signals that can be expected from stressing steel
in tensile or compressive tests. Ideally, this would be a passive
technique, however, pulse-echo could also be used. Any assitance
in this regard would be appreciated.

06:33 Mar-09-1999

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Passive UT of steel : My group is involved with developing techniologies for process
: monitoring, in particular, for product quality. I am looking
: for information and/or references to materials that discuss methods
: to calculate UT signals that can be expected from stressing steel
: in tensile or compressive tests. Ideally, this would be a passive
: technique, however, pulse-echo could also be used. Any assitance
: in this regard would be appreciated.

Resonant Ultrasound Inspection has shown that resonances are affected by stresses within components. This means that if we can measure the eigen frequencies of a structure or component whilst unstressed, then stress it, we will see a difference in some of the resonances.
By calibrating with such a technology, we should be able to "measure" these stresses.
Please contact me if you think this approach could provide a solution to your application.

07:12 Mar-09-1999
Michael H. Dalichow
Re: Passive UT of steel The fraunhofer-Institute Nondestructive Testing has developed Process Integrated Nondestructive Techniques (PINT)to measure and/or monitor residual or inherent stress. For further information please contact Dr. Werner Theiner at theiner@izfp.fhg.de.

07:13 Mar-09-1999
Michael H. Dalichow
Re: Passive UT of steel The Fraunhofer-Institute Nondestructive Testing (IZFP)has developed Process Integrated Nondestructive Techniques (PINT)to measure and/or monitor residual or inherent stress. For further information please contact Dr. Werner Theiner at theiner@izfp.fhg.de.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|