where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.
Technical Discussions
X. Chen
X. Chen
02:23 Jun-17-2004
How to design a piezocomposite transducer?

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

Paul A. Meyer
R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 47

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
02:53 Jun-21-2004
Re: How to design a piezocomposite transducer?
Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
Paul
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

X. Chen
X. Chen
03:13 Jun-21-2004
Thank you very much for your kindly help. I will try.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
: A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
: Paul
: : I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: : 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: : 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: : 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

arun kumar
arun kumar
04:17 Oct-18-2004

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window