where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.

Technical Discussions
X. Chen
X. Chen
02:23 Jun-17-2004
How to design a piezocomposite transducer?

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

Paul A. Meyer
R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 47

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
02:53 Jun-21-2004
Re: How to design a piezocomposite transducer?
Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
Paul
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

X. Chen
X. Chen
03:13 Jun-21-2004
Thank you very much for your kindly help. I will try.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
: A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
: Paul
: : I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: : 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: : 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: : 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

arun kumar
arun kumar
04:17 Oct-18-2004

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window