where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
How to design a piezocomposite transducer?
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

ACS-Solutions GmbH
develop and manufacture hi-tech devices for Ultrasonic Testing

02:23 Jun-17-2004
X. Chen
How to design a piezocomposite transducer?

I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

02:53 Jun-21-2004

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: How to design a piezocomposite transducer? Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
Paul
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

03:13 Jun-21-2004
X. Chen
Re: How to design a piezocomposite transducer? Thank you very much for your kindly help. I will try.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Try to get a copy of ULTRASONIC TRANSDUCERS FOR NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING by M. G. Silk. It was published in 1984 by Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol. There may be later editions. This book is a comprehensive review of transducer design and operation and also covers piezocomposite materials.
: A lierature search should also produce several articles on transducer design.
: Paul
: : I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
: : 1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
: : 2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
: : 3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?
------------ End Original Message ------------

04:17 Oct-18-2004
arun kumar
Re: How to design a piezocomposite transducer?
I want to design a 1-3 piezocomposite transducer with 10Mz central frequency and wide bandwidth. But I have not any experience on it. So need your help.
1.Where can I get some technical books which introduce the principle of making transducer and step by step teaching how to make a PZT transducer?
2.how to select the materials of the transducer?
3.how to determine the structure size of the transducer?

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|