where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ACS-Solutions GmbH
The priority of the company is to design and create highly technological equipment, for professional users. Aiming to reach the devices top techn ...
Technical Discussions
S. Manohar
S. Manohar
07:20 Jul-06-2004
Impulse response

Hallo,
I am interested in characterizing an ultrasound receiver. I would like to measure its end-of-cable frequency response. The receiver has a central frequency around 0.5 MHz with a bandwidth of possibly 80% or higher.

Is there some ultrasound source with broadband pulses that can be used for this? Does anyone know of any other way to generate an acoustic impulse?

Thanks,
Srirang

C.Noelle
Baumer Electric, Switzerland, Joined Mar 2002, 3

C.Noelle

Baumer Electric,
Switzerland,
Joined Mar 2002
07:59 Jul-07-2004
Re: Impulse response
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hallo,
: I am interested in characterizing an ultrasound receiver. I would like to measure its end-of-cable frequency response. The receiver has a central frequency around 0.5 MHz with a bandwidth of possibly 80% or higher.
: Is there some ultrasound source with broadband pulses that can be used for this? Does anyone know of any other way to generate an acoustic impulse?
: Thanks,
: Srirang
------------ End Original Message ------------

Try a spark plug...

S. Manohar
S. Manohar
09:15 Jul-07-2004
Re: Impulse response
Sorry I should have mentioned that the receiver is a hydrophone; the acoustic source needs to be water-immersible.

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Research and Application Development For NDT

Acuren’s Research and Application Development specializes in the development of advanced ultraso
nic inspection techniques and systems for challenging inspection applications, with an emphasis on practical solutions which are field deployable. Services include manual and automated ultrasonic inspection system development, inspection technique optimization using laboratory scale studies and ultrasonic modeling (CIVA, BeamTool), preparing technical justification for technique evaluation and qualification (Probability of Detection and sizing accuracy studies), inspection/calibration/analysis procedure preparation to support field deployment of custom techniques, and development of custom imaging algorithms to support challenging inspection applications.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window