where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
S. Manohar
S. Manohar
07:20 Jul-06-2004
Impulse response

Hallo,
I am interested in characterizing an ultrasound receiver. I would like to measure its end-of-cable frequency response. The receiver has a central frequency around 0.5 MHz with a bandwidth of possibly 80% or higher.

Is there some ultrasound source with broadband pulses that can be used for this? Does anyone know of any other way to generate an acoustic impulse?

Thanks,
Srirang

C.Noelle
Engineering
Baumer Electric, Switzerland, Joined Mar 2002, 3

C.Noelle

Engineering
Baumer Electric,
Switzerland,
Joined Mar 2002
07:59 Jul-07-2004
Re: Impulse response
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hallo,
: I am interested in characterizing an ultrasound receiver. I would like to measure its end-of-cable frequency response. The receiver has a central frequency around 0.5 MHz with a bandwidth of possibly 80% or higher.
: Is there some ultrasound source with broadband pulses that can be used for this? Does anyone know of any other way to generate an acoustic impulse?
: Thanks,
: Srirang
------------ End Original Message ------------

Try a spark plug...

S. Manohar
S. Manohar
09:15 Jul-07-2004
Re: Impulse response
Sorry I should have mentioned that the receiver is a hydrophone; the acoustic source needs to be water-immersible.

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s