where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Impulse response
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:20 Jul-06-2004
S. Manohar
Impulse response

Hallo,
I am interested in characterizing an ultrasound receiver. I would like to measure its end-of-cable frequency response. The receiver has a central frequency around 0.5 MHz with a bandwidth of possibly 80% or higher.

Is there some ultrasound source with broadband pulses that can be used for this? Does anyone know of any other way to generate an acoustic impulse?

Thanks,
Srirang

07:59 Jul-07-2004

C.Noelle

Engineering
Baumer Electric,
Switzerland,
Joined Mar 2002
Re: Impulse response ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hallo,
: I am interested in characterizing an ultrasound receiver. I would like to measure its end-of-cable frequency response. The receiver has a central frequency around 0.5 MHz with a bandwidth of possibly 80% or higher.
: Is there some ultrasound source with broadband pulses that can be used for this? Does anyone know of any other way to generate an acoustic impulse?
: Thanks,
: Srirang
------------ End Original Message ------------

Try a spark plug...

09:15 Jul-07-2004
S. Manohar
Re: Impulse response Sorry I should have mentioned that the receiver is a hydrophone; the acoustic source needs to be water-immersible.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|