where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IDEKO S.Coop
We provide Precision, Quality, Reliability and Productivity in manufacturing processes among our knowledge of Inspection and measurement technologies

05:47 Jul-09-2004

x.j.

Student,
China,
Joined Jul 2004
How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?

which typic characteristic between inside flaw and outside flaw' signal by using MFL method? I use FFT or PSD to process the signals but no typic characteristic can be get now!
thanks a lot

02:38 Jul-09-2004
fs
Re: How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL? ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: which typic characteristic between inside flaw and outside flaw' signal by using MFL method? I use FFT or PSD to process the signals but no typic characteristic can be get now!
: thanks a lot
------------ End Original Message ------------

inside flaw and outside flaw' signal have different frequency.

06:15 Jul-12-2004

MIC

Consultant
AGM Techno consultants,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL? MFL was used normally as a tool to detect and not to distinguish between I.D and O.D. but I have operated an instrument that belongs to R/D tech to test tubes – carbon steel - who has got capability to do the distinguish.

I did operated 3-different Tank floor machines based on MFL , also other brands of tube inspection devices based on MFL, and a pipe scanner with permanent Magnet, and I always want to have this facility.

The fact was known that Frequency will be different for I.D and O.D flaws, but was not avail to me till I operated R/D instrument. Need more info please send mail to mic_ndt@yahoo.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|