where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

I&T Nardoni Institute
A state-of-the-art company servicing the metal, mechanical, aeronautical and railway industrial sectors

Technical Discussions
x.j.
Student,
China, Joined Jul 2004, 1

x.j.

Student,
China,
Joined Jul 2004
05:47 Jul-09-2004
How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?

which typic characteristic between inside flaw and outside flaw' signal by using MFL method? I use FFT or PSD to process the signals but no typic characteristic can be get now!
thanks a lot

fs
fs
02:38 Jul-09-2004
Re: How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: which typic characteristic between inside flaw and outside flaw' signal by using MFL method? I use FFT or PSD to process the signals but no typic characteristic can be get now!
: thanks a lot
------------ End Original Message ------------

inside flaw and outside flaw' signal have different frequency.

MIC
Consultant
AGM Techno consultants, India, Joined Jan 2003, 22

MIC

Consultant
AGM Techno consultants,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
06:15 Jul-12-2004
Re: How to distinguish inside and outside flaw of pipe by MFL?
MFL was used normally as a tool to detect and not to distinguish between I.D and O.D. but I have operated an instrument that belongs to R/D tech to test tubes – carbon steel - who has got capability to do the distinguish.

I did operated 3-different Tank floor machines based on MFL , also other brands of tube inspection devices based on MFL, and a pipe scanner with permanent Magnet, and I always want to have this facility.

The fact was known that Frequency will be different for I.D and O.D flaws, but was not avail to me till I operated R/D instrument. Need more info please send mail to mic_ndt@yahoo.com

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window