where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Need Help With A Transducer Design
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:22 Aug-04-2004

Ron Hubbard

Engineering
USA,
Joined Aug 2004
Need Help With A Transducer Design

I do research into vibration engineering and need a peculiar low ultrasonic (16.5- 20 kHz) transducer. Not able to find any useful information, I am thinking of putting together a stack of .625" dia x .0200" thick PZT disks bonded to a .875" dia brass disk. This is in accordance with the "shoot in the dark and hope you hit the right resonant frequency" method.

Does anyone have any suggestions that would improve on this design? Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Ron

07:08 Aug-04-2004
Wolfgang Bisle
Re: Need Help With A Transducer Design I am not an expert in transducer design... but your requirements let me remember that the acoustic flaw detector AFD and today the bondmaster operates with transducers in this frequency range ...
But I think to give really good advices you should specify your needs a little better as
you would find "Monster"stacks for instance normally used for Ultrasound welding (Branson is selling this), we use them for Ultrasound excited thermography, you will find them in traditional shakers and as well in your cellular phone for ringing. And for Bond inspection in systems like the Bondmaster.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|