where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Liquid penetrant test
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

09:32 Mar-25-1999
José Fabiao
Liquid penetrant test

WHAT TYPE OF FILTER SHOULD I USE IN MY MASK WHEN PERFORMING LP IN A CONFINED SPACE LIKE A TANK?

02:58 Mar-26-2001
serbülent semih
Re: Liquid penetrant test : WHAT TYPE OF FILTER SHOULD I USE IN MY MASK WHEN PERFORMING LP IN A CONFINED SPACE LIKE A TANK?
edxrýcdýrcd

01:30 Mar-27-2001

David Smart

Sales, Manufacturer of Smartcheck NDT consumables
SmartChem Industries Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2001
Re: Liquid penetrant test : : WHAT TYPE OF FILTER SHOULD I USE IN MY MASK WHEN PERFORMING LP IN A CONFINED SPACE LIKE A TANK?
: edxrýcdýrcd

We manufacture locally in Australia the Ardrox range of penetrants and would suggest that respirators appropriate for organic vapours should be suitable eg 3M's OV. If product is sprayed OV P1 is preferred. The user should be aware that the life of the filter is affected by vapour concentration. We would suggest confirmation of the limitations of the respirators usable life with its manufacturer.

If the products are to be used in confined spaces, with high vapour concentration for a long period of time, then we would suggest using supplied air respirators.
Regards
David Smart

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|