where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hi-Spec Systems

Technical Discussions
José Fabiao
José Fabiao
09:32 Mar-25-1999
Liquid penetrant test

WHAT TYPE OF FILTER SHOULD I USE IN MY MASK WHEN PERFORMING LP IN A CONFINED SPACE LIKE A TANK?

serbülent semih
serbülent semih
02:58 Mar-26-2001
Re: Liquid penetrant test
: WHAT TYPE OF FILTER SHOULD I USE IN MY MASK WHEN PERFORMING LP IN A CONFINED SPACE LIKE A TANK?
edxrýcdýrcd

David Smart
Sales,
SmartChem Industries Pty Ltd, Australia, Joined Jan 2001, 6

David Smart

Sales,
SmartChem Industries Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2001
01:30 Mar-27-2001
Re: Liquid penetrant test
: : WHAT TYPE OF FILTER SHOULD I USE IN MY MASK WHEN PERFORMING LP IN A CONFINED SPACE LIKE A TANK?
: edxrýcdýrcd

We manufacture locally in Australia the Ardrox range of penetrants and would suggest that respirators appropriate for organic vapours should be suitable eg 3M's OV. If product is sprayed OV P1 is preferred. The user should be aware that the life of the filter is affected by vapour concentration. We would suggest confirmation of the limitations of the respirators usable life with its manufacturer.

If the products are to be used in confined spaces, with high vapour concentration for a long period of time, then we would suggest using supplied air respirators.
Regards
David Smart

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window