where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON International GmbH

Technical Discussions
kamran azari
kamran azari
03:39 Aug-22-2004
Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.

Sincerely,
Kamran Azari

80, mousavi court
yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
Isfahan, 81736 67731
IRAN.

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 520

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:02 Aug-22-2004
Re: Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.
In rolled steel sheet Inclusions will be transformed by the rolling process into delaminations, parallel to the surface. MPI is unlikely to be an effective method to detect them, since in this orientation they will cause minimal disturbance to the flux lines. UT is likely to be a more effective method

Rgds

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.
: Sincerely,
: Kamran Azari
:
: 80, mousavi court
: yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
: Isfahan, 81736 67731
: IRAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Sandro
Sandro
09:21 Aug-23-2004
Re: Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.
: Sincerely,
: Kamran Azari
:
: 80, mousavi court
: yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
: Isfahan, 81736 67731
: IRAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Good morning Kamran Azari,
You have to know ASTM E-709 "Standard Guide for Magnetic Particle Examination"

Best regards,

Sandro
BOLIVIA

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window