where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
kamran azari
kamran azari
03:39 Aug-22-2004
Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.

Sincerely,
Kamran Azari

80, mousavi court
yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
Isfahan, 81736 67731
IRAN.

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 522

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:02 Aug-22-2004
Re: Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.
In rolled steel sheet Inclusions will be transformed by the rolling process into delaminations, parallel to the surface. MPI is unlikely to be an effective method to detect them, since in this orientation they will cause minimal disturbance to the flux lines. UT is likely to be a more effective method

Rgds

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.
: Sincerely,
: Kamran Azari
:
: 80, mousavi court
: yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
: Isfahan, 81736 67731
: IRAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Sandro
Sandro
09:21 Aug-23-2004
Re: Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.
: Sincerely,
: Kamran Azari
:
: 80, mousavi court
: yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
: Isfahan, 81736 67731
: IRAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Good morning Kamran Azari,
You have to know ASTM E-709 "Standard Guide for Magnetic Particle Examination"

Best regards,

Sandro
BOLIVIA

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window