where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
kamran azari
kamran azari
03:39 Aug-22-2004
Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.

Sincerely,
Kamran Azari

80, mousavi court
yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
Isfahan, 81736 67731
IRAN.

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 524

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:02 Aug-22-2004
Re: Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.
In rolled steel sheet Inclusions will be transformed by the rolling process into delaminations, parallel to the surface. MPI is unlikely to be an effective method to detect them, since in this orientation they will cause minimal disturbance to the flux lines. UT is likely to be a more effective method

Rgds

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.
: Sincerely,
: Kamran Azari
:
: 80, mousavi court
: yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
: Isfahan, 81736 67731
: IRAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Sandro
Sandro
09:21 Aug-23-2004
Re: Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.
: Sincerely,
: Kamran Azari
:
: 80, mousavi court
: yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
: Isfahan, 81736 67731
: IRAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Good morning Kamran Azari,
You have to know ASTM E-709 "Standard Guide for Magnetic Particle Examination"

Best regards,

Sandro
BOLIVIA

Product Spotlight

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window