where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

EXTENDE
EXTENDE, optimize your NDT inspections projects thanks to simulation.

03:39 Aug-22-2004
kamran azari
Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.

Sincerely,
Kamran Azari

80, mousavi court
yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
Isfahan, 81736 67731
IRAN.

03:02 Aug-22-2004

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection. In rolled steel sheet Inclusions will be transformed by the rolling process into delaminations, parallel to the surface. MPI is unlikely to be an effective method to detect them, since in this orientation they will cause minimal disturbance to the flux lines. UT is likely to be a more effective method

Rgds

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.
: Sincerely,
: Kamran Azari
:
: 80, mousavi court
: yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
: Isfahan, 81736 67731
: IRAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

09:21 Aug-23-2004
Sandro
Re: Detection of inclusions in sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection. ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir/Madam,
: I am a M.Sc student in Materials science and technology. I,m very interested in the "detection of inclusions in cold rolled sheet steels by magnetic particle inspection". I need some information about the "current intensity and location (depth) and size of the inclusion which will be detected". Some articles have information about only two of them. Would you please send me some information relative to this subject.
: Sincerely,
: Kamran Azari
:
: 80, mousavi court
: yahyakhan alley, chaharbagh bala ave.
: Isfahan, 81736 67731
: IRAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Good morning Kamran Azari,
You have to know ASTM E-709 "Standard Guide for Magnetic Particle Examination"

Best regards,

Sandro
BOLIVIA

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|