where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Weld test. by ultrasonic testing.
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Matec Instrument Companies, Inc.
Ultrasonic test instrumentation and systems for scientific research, quality control inspection and production testing applications.

04:03 Sep-23-2004

S.G.

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
Weld test. by ultrasonic testing.

Hi, Friendes

I have some problem in weld testing. My job is 32 mm plate and i made 1.6 mm dia side drill hole at 24 mm depth from scanning surface and i am using 2.5 MHz - 70 degree probe but I am not getting the result. I am doing this practis as per the API-RP-2X code. Is it the right way to cheack the high thickness weld? Please suggest me. And please suggest me the some specific characteristics of 2.5 MHz probe.
Thanking you
S.G.

05:15 Sep-24-2004

HUNG

Engineering
Vietnam,
Joined Mar 2004
Re: Weld test. by ultrasonic testing. Use 2.5MHz 60 & 45 degree probe are better. i think you have to check:

- range minimun 150 or 200 mm for testing 34mm
- DB????

if you use 70 degree you have receive a pulse echo at 70 mm in scal

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, Friendes
: I have some problem in weld testing. My job is 32 mm plate and i made 1.6 mm dia side drill hole at 24 mm depth from scanning surface and i am using 2.5 MHz - 70 degree probe but I am not getting the result. I am doing this practis as per the API-RP-2X code. Is it the right way to cheack the high thickness weld? Please suggest me. And please suggest me the some specific characteristics of 2.5 MHz probe.
: Thanking you
: S.G.
------------ End Original Message ------------

07:09 Dec-12-2005
amirreza aminjavaheri
Re: Weld test. by ultrasonic testing. dear adminstrator
i need some information about weld testing and its kinds , so i am pleased if u help me about this cases
your sincersly

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|