where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Matec Instrument Companies, Inc.
Ultrasonic test instrumentation and systems for scientific research, quality control inspection and production testing applications.

Technical Discussions
S.R.G.PRABHU
NDT Inspector, AUT AUDITOR/ASNT LEVEL III/AWS SENIOR WELDING INS
India, Joined Sep 2004, 3

S.R.G.PRABHU

India,
Joined Sep 2004
09:22 Sep-24-2004
P-scan details

I request someone who has extensive experience in P-scan of welds and corrosion mapping in maintanence inspections to advise me with the details and any study materials to learn more about this subject.
Thank you

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
03:21 Sep-27-2004
Re: P-scan details
Do you really mean P-Scan or are you using this term to cover the more generic Automated UT Examination Of Welds & Components?

If you really mean P-Scan then go to FORCE Institute the manufacturer of P-Scan.

If you are talking in more generic terms simply search NDT Net for computerised UT Inspections there are dozens of good articles.

Doug Breeze
Director, Consultant; R&D
Inspection Software Limited, United Kingdom, Joined May 2000, 20

Doug Breeze

Director, Consultant; R&D
Inspection Software Limited,
United Kingdom,
Joined May 2000
02:09 Sep-28-2004
FORCE Technology have extensive experience using P-scan for corrosion mapping and weld inspection onshore offshore, in the power, nuclear, petrochemical and engineering sectors worlwide. They've also recently set records for the deepest subsea corrosion mapping using ROV deployed P-scan systems. Send email to me including mail address. I'll send recent P-scan Newsletters and contact details at FORCE Technology.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I request someone who has extensive experience in P-scan of welds and corrosion mapping in maintanence inspections to advise me with the details and any study materials to learn more about this subject.
: Thank you
------------ End Original Message ------------

S.R.G.PRABHU
India, Joined Sep 2004, 3

S.R.G.PRABHU

India,
Joined Sep 2004
08:47 Sep-28-2004

Dear Doug,
Thank you for your response to my request in NDT .net. Actually one of my prospective employers enquired me whethre I have Pscan experience. It could be for corrosion mapping as well as Weld inspection. I have attached my CV for your reference, please take a few minutes to have a look at it.
I have worked with RTD-NETHERLAND'S ROTOSCAN-AUT of pipeline girth welds.But at present I would like to know whatever material you can supply me to get an idea about different types of Pscans.
By the way, I am an ASNT LEVEL 3 in RT and UT.
Regards
Prabhu

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: FORCE Technology have extensive experience using P-scan for corrosion mapping and weld inspection onshore offshore, in the power, nuclear, petrochemical and engineering sectors worlwide. They've also recently set records for the deepest subsea corrosion mapping using ROV deployed P-scan systems. Send email to me including mail address. I'll send recent P-scan Newsletters and contact details at FORCE Technology.
: : I request someone who has extensive experience in P-scan of welds and corrosion mapping in maintanence inspections to advise me with the details and any study materials to learn more about this subject.
: : Thank you
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s