where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Francesca
Francesca
02:43 Sep-28-2004
Thin layer

Can anyone suggest to me some articles or book about ultrasound propagation in thin layers?
I have some problems in acoustic characterization (absorption and acoustic impedance measurements) for epoxy thin layers.
Thank you
Francesca

Paul A. Meyer
R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 47

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
00:42 Sep-28-2004
Re: Thin layer
Hello Francesca,
There are probably several books on layered media. I use "Waves in Layered Media" by Brekhovskikh, Academic Press, which covers the topic well.

Also, the following article is available here on NDT.NET:
"A study on the couplant effects in contact ultrasonic testing."
Young H. Kim and Sung-Jin Song
School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
Sung-Sik Lee and Jeong-Ki Lee
Korea Inspection & Engineering Co., Ltd., Seoul, Korea
Soon-Shin Hong
Korea Advanced Inspection Technology, Taejon, Korea.

Paul

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone suggest to me some articles or book about ultrasound propagation in thin layers?
: I have some problems in acoustic characterization (absorption and acoustic impedance measurements) for epoxy thin layers.
: Thank you
: Francesca
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window