where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Dmitri
Consultant
Algeria, Joined Sep 2004, 1

Dmitri

Consultant
Algeria,
Joined Sep 2004
01:50 Sep-30-2004
Checks of a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)

In EA-04/05 "Accreditation for Non-Destructive Testing" Appendix A (Radiographic equipment) is contained the requirement for "Radiographic films viewers (negatoscope) shall be periodically checked for intensity and evenness of illumination".

I have a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)"WILNOS", but unfortunately have lost the Guidance for operation of that device. In the Guidance should be given the precedure of intensity and evenness of illumination checks.

As I have no Guidance of above mentioned checks, please tell me- which operations can be performed for radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)to check the intensity and evenness of illumination ?

Thanks for your help.

DJ Kallhof
DJ Kallhof
07:57 Sep-30-2004
Re: Checks of a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: In EA-04/05 "Accreditation for Non-Destructive Testing" Appendix A (Radiographic equipment) is contained the requirement for "Radiographic films viewers (negatoscope) shall be periodically checked for intensity and evenness of illumination".
: I have a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)"WILNOS", but unfortunately have lost the Guidance for operation of that device. In the Guidance should be given the precedure of intensity and evenness of illumination checks.
: As I have no Guidance of above mentioned checks, please tell me- which operations can be performed for radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)to check the intensity and evenness of illumination ?
: Thanks for your help.
------------ End Original Message ------------
The requirements for film viewers intensity checks is detailed in ASTM E 1742, para. 6.27.4. First you must create a film to cover the entire film viewing area with an even 2.0 density. With the film in place use a digital white light meter and measure the intensity of the light that passes through the film. Figure 2 in 1742 will show you the maximum allowable film density for that viewer.

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window