where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Checks of a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

YXLON International GmbH
X-ray and CT based NDT systems for a wide range of industrial applications.

01:50 Sep-30-2004

Dmitri

Consultant
Algeria,
Joined Sep 2004
Checks of a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)

In EA-04/05 "Accreditation for Non-Destructive Testing" Appendix A (Radiographic equipment) is contained the requirement for "Radiographic films viewers (negatoscope) shall be periodically checked for intensity and evenness of illumination".

I have a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)"WILNOS", but unfortunately have lost the Guidance for operation of that device. In the Guidance should be given the precedure of intensity and evenness of illumination checks.

As I have no Guidance of above mentioned checks, please tell me- which operations can be performed for radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)to check the intensity and evenness of illumination ?

Thanks for your help.

07:57 Sep-30-2004
DJ Kallhof
Re: Checks of a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope) ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: In EA-04/05 "Accreditation for Non-Destructive Testing" Appendix A (Radiographic equipment) is contained the requirement for "Radiographic films viewers (negatoscope) shall be periodically checked for intensity and evenness of illumination".
: I have a radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)"WILNOS", but unfortunately have lost the Guidance for operation of that device. In the Guidance should be given the precedure of intensity and evenness of illumination checks.
: As I have no Guidance of above mentioned checks, please tell me- which operations can be performed for radiographic films viewer (negatoscope)to check the intensity and evenness of illumination ?
: Thanks for your help.
------------ End Original Message ------------
The requirements for film viewers intensity checks is detailed in ASTM E 1742, para. 6.27.4. First you must create a film to cover the entire film viewing area with an even 2.0 density. With the film in place use a digital white light meter and measure the intensity of the light that passes through the film. Figure 2 in 1742 will show you the maximum allowable film density for that viewer.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|