where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Andrés Giraldo
Andrés Giraldo
07:19 Oct-01-2004
Bonding Ultrasonic 1 and 3 MHz piezoelectric disc transducer

I am looking for the correct adhesive for bonding a Ultrasonic 1 and 3 Mhz piezoelectric transducer disc to an aluminum case. I have been using different products like Araldite at1, loctite cyanoacylate 410 and other epoxy structural adhesives with poor vibration transference results. The best results have been with metal to metal cyanoacylates like loctite 493 and 496, but its vibration transference degraded when it is working at high power for a while. I have been cleaning the two surfaces with pure alcohol and roughening the surface for better adhesion.
If someone has any recommendation on how to do this please let me know. Thanks for you cooperation.

Andres

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window