where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.

Technical Discussions
sandeep pawar
sandeep pawar
06:39 Oct-04-2004
tofd

hello friends,
i am sandeep pawar, a final year mechanical enginerg student from india.as per the curriculum i am required to give a seminar on any topic.i have chosen "tofd" as my subject....i got many responses to my earlier message..thank u very much....after reading whatever material i had , i have a few doubts regarding this method.....plz those of you who have worked or are working on tofd ..i request u 2 help me...i would appreciate if u plz email me at....sandeepapawar@hotmail.com.........

1.what frequency waves are used?
2.how is the frequency decided?
3.with tofd , what is the max -min thickness which can be inspected?
4.once the waves are transmitted , they reach the discontunity where they get reflected as well as diffracted.how do we differentiate between reflected and diffracted waves?
5.sorry, but i didn't get...what exactly the purpose diffracted waves surve..i mean howz it different from the reflected waves?...does it really make so much of difference?...
6.whick discontinuties can be detected with TOFD?....7.
7.how are the discontinuties identified ?...i mean how do we know whether it's is a lof,crack,or a blow hole?
8.can tofd be implemented using present conventional UT setup?
9.where can i find more detailed information in this regard?
10.if any of u are from india..and u have any literature on this subject will u plz lend it to me?

thank you very much.....plz email me at...sandeepapawar@hotmail.com

Product Spotlight

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window