where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
sandeep pawar
sandeep pawar
06:39 Oct-04-2004
tofd

hello friends,
i am sandeep pawar, a final year mechanical enginerg student from india.as per the curriculum i am required to give a seminar on any topic.i have chosen "tofd" as my subject....i got many responses to my earlier message..thank u very much....after reading whatever material i had , i have a few doubts regarding this method.....plz those of you who have worked or are working on tofd ..i request u 2 help me...i would appreciate if u plz email me at....sandeepapawar@hotmail.com.........

1.what frequency waves are used?
2.how is the frequency decided?
3.with tofd , what is the max -min thickness which can be inspected?
4.once the waves are transmitted , they reach the discontunity where they get reflected as well as diffracted.how do we differentiate between reflected and diffracted waves?
5.sorry, but i didn't get...what exactly the purpose diffracted waves surve..i mean howz it different from the reflected waves?...does it really make so much of difference?...
6.whick discontinuties can be detected with TOFD?....7.
7.how are the discontinuties identified ?...i mean how do we know whether it's is a lof,crack,or a blow hole?
8.can tofd be implemented using present conventional UT setup?
9.where can i find more detailed information in this regard?
10.if any of u are from india..and u have any literature on this subject will u plz lend it to me?

thank you very much.....plz email me at...sandeepapawar@hotmail.com

Product Spotlight

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window