where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
sandeep pawar
sandeep pawar
06:39 Oct-04-2004
tofd

hello friends,
i am sandeep pawar, a final year mechanical enginerg student from india.as per the curriculum i am required to give a seminar on any topic.i have chosen "tofd" as my subject....i got many responses to my earlier message..thank u very much....after reading whatever material i had , i have a few doubts regarding this method.....plz those of you who have worked or are working on tofd ..i request u 2 help me...i would appreciate if u plz email me at....sandeepapawar@hotmail.com.........

1.what frequency waves are used?
2.how is the frequency decided?
3.with tofd , what is the max -min thickness which can be inspected?
4.once the waves are transmitted , they reach the discontunity where they get reflected as well as diffracted.how do we differentiate between reflected and diffracted waves?
5.sorry, but i didn't get...what exactly the purpose diffracted waves surve..i mean howz it different from the reflected waves?...does it really make so much of difference?...
6.whick discontinuties can be detected with TOFD?....7.
7.how are the discontinuties identified ?...i mean how do we know whether it's is a lof,crack,or a blow hole?
8.can tofd be implemented using present conventional UT setup?
9.where can i find more detailed information in this regard?
10.if any of u are from india..and u have any literature on this subject will u plz lend it to me?

thank you very much.....plz email me at...sandeepapawar@hotmail.com

Product Spotlight

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window