where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
tofd
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc.
Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc. specializes in the design of small portable AE instruments for field and lab use.

06:39 Oct-04-2004
sandeep pawar
tofd

hello friends,
i am sandeep pawar, a final year mechanical enginerg student from india.as per the curriculum i am required to give a seminar on any topic.i have chosen "tofd" as my subject....i got many responses to my earlier message..thank u very much....after reading whatever material i had , i have a few doubts regarding this method.....plz those of you who have worked or are working on tofd ..i request u 2 help me...i would appreciate if u plz email me at....sandeepapawar@hotmail.com.........

1.what frequency waves are used?
2.how is the frequency decided?
3.with tofd , what is the max -min thickness which can be inspected?
4.once the waves are transmitted , they reach the discontunity where they get reflected as well as diffracted.how do we differentiate between reflected and diffracted waves?
5.sorry, but i didn't get...what exactly the purpose diffracted waves surve..i mean howz it different from the reflected waves?...does it really make so much of difference?...
6.whick discontinuties can be detected with TOFD?....7.
7.how are the discontinuties identified ?...i mean how do we know whether it's is a lof,crack,or a blow hole?
8.can tofd be implemented using present conventional UT setup?
9.where can i find more detailed information in this regard?
10.if any of u are from india..and u have any literature on this subject will u plz lend it to me?

thank you very much.....plz email me at...sandeepapawar@hotmail.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|