where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Canadian Institute for NDE
We are specialized in training for Radiography, Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Eddy Current and emerging NDT technologies.

Technical Discussions
madiha
scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc, Malaysia, Joined Apr 2003, 2

madiha

scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc,
Malaysia,
Joined Apr 2003
00:40 Oct-05-2004
1.6 IEC 336 (x-ray machine)

Hi...

Can anyone explain to me what it means by 'focal spot size 1.6 IEC 336'. I found this statement in x-ray machine manual.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Madiha.

Jim
Jim
04:48 Oct-11-2004
Re: 1.6 IEC 336 (x-ray machine)
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi...
: Can anyone explain to me what it means by 'focal spot size 1.6 IEC 336'. I found this statement in x-ray machine manual.
: Thank you for your help.
: Regards,
: Madiha.
------------ End Original Message ------------
Focal spot size:
The dimension across the focal spot of an X-ray tube, measured parallel to the plane of the film or the fluorescent screen.

Focalspot:
The X-ray emitting area on the anode of the X-ray tube, as seen from the measuring device.

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window